Question for whoever knows stuff.

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
This is a question for many people asking it. If had choice to upgrade your phone and only phones you had the choice to choose from were the htc merge and droid 2 global, which one would you upgrade to and for what reason why?

My choice would be droid 2 global for these reasons:
1.2ghz
Not such a sensitive touch screen
Has gingerbread
already has sbf
Has root.

Plus the htc merge verizon said has a bug when other people are calling someone it will make the phone go crazy. Idk.. So please give your opinion on which phone you know that's best out of those 2. Ty.

Sent from Tapatalk using a rooted DroidX running 2.3.3 that's not ROMED or Overclocked yet.

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
If those were my choices I would try smoke signals.

K you obviously can't read... I said which one out of those two idgaf about w/e that you said to try. I just want to know which one you like out of those two. Droid 2 global or htc merge. Please don't answer if don't know anything about them. Thanks.

Sent from Tapatalk using a rooted DroidX running 2.3.3 that's not ROMED or Overclocked yet.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
sounds like you already made your decision so this thread is pretty pointless....

No need to act so hostile either. That being said, htc merge.

REMilk

Reaction score
I can read just fine and my command of the English language is such that I do not have to resort to acronyms/abbreviations that include profanity.

Your question was and I quote "If had choice to upgrade your phone and only phones you had the choice to choose from were the htc merge and droid 2 global, which one would you upgrade to and for what reason why?" Your second comments states "I just want to know what you like out of the two."

To be clear and answer your question directly the if my choice were either of those listed I would not choose either one and stick with what I have or go without. At this stage of their life cycle and the technology cycle, I like nothing about either one.

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
sounds like you already made your decision so this thread is pretty pointless....

No need to act so hostile either. That being said, htc merge.

This isn't for me, this is for someone else. I am waiting for the bionic to get released. I wanted knowledgeable people like dxforums has to actually read before randomly posting offsubject.
Why I'm doing this is I wanted to see how many people liked the htc merge and droid 2 global, for the reason verizon is telling people that the merge is better than the d2 global.

After you guys expressed your opinion I was gonna show verizon so they could wake up and realized that are basically, stupid.

REMilk

Reaction score
I read your post in its entirety. I did not answer randomly nor was it off-topic. Nowhere in your initial post did you did ask that only people who had either one or both devices to answer. If a person had only one of these devices, they could not based on their experience, provide experienced-based on the other device.

I gave my opinion, that at this time, I would not recommend either device. I apologize if you felt my 'smoke signals' response was inappropriate. I thought you would understand the meaning.

Bob

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
This isn't for me, this is for someone else. I am waiting for the bionic to get released. I wanted knowledgeable people like dxforums has to actually read before randomly posting offsubject.
Why I'm doing this is I wanted to see how many people liked the htc merge and droid 2 global, for the reason verizon is telling people that the merge is better than the d2 global.

After you guys expressed your opinion I was gonna show verizon so they could wake up and realized that are basically, stupid.

ok gotcha.

I haven't heard of any news of the Merge coming to Verizon, so how can they say it's better than the D2G?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score

The global would be my choice...if I had no phone at all...I would surely take the global...the reasons are endless...it would suit me just fine...Cm7 would be on the device the day I got it, or soon after..asuming the ota gets here...The phone is a great device...however if you give choice of two devices and one being almost a year old, and is still being manufactured, makes you feel comfotable about its success...So depending on your age, and needs..your answer can very...but responsibly, the answer is the global....hope this helps...

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Lol forget the d2 because I didn't realize that the d3 was out! Lol wow.. I was thinking about the bionic and forgot about d3 since I like touch... Lol ok thanks guys.

REMilk

Reaction score
I would choose the Droid 3 with its global capabilities, dual-core processor, and slide-out keyboard. I have never used or played with HTC Merge so I am not qualified to comment on the pro's and con's of this device.