Should I buy a HTC Incredible?

devinsetsfire

Reaction score
I currently have a Motorola Droid 2.2 rooted running Ultimate Droid v1.0.0 and overclocked to 1.2ghz (I believe I can't remember I did it a while ago) and all the bells and whistles. Well I'm looking on eBay and from a reliable seller I see a HTC Incredible for around 350ish it's a month old and have a 7 day return policy. Comes with other junk as well. It's never been rooted and still has the UPC on the box.

I don't use my Droids keyboard unless I'm in my Clockwork Recovery Mode that or my volume and camera button.

But I'm looking for a cleaner resolution and a little bit of an upgrade from my original Droid.

Any reasons why or why I shouldn't switch phones.

I figured I'd come to the experts

(My upgrade isn't for another year and a half so waiting isn't an option)

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
I was using a Rooted D1 and switched over to a Dinc a week ago. One thing I noticed right off the bat was its a lot faster and smoother than my overclocked D1.
I took advantage of Best Buys free phone special so it was a no brainer for me.

On a downside though, the battery life is horrible, so buying an extended battery is something to think of as well.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
devinsetsfire

devinsetsfire

Reaction score
I'm never far from a USB or a wall outlet so I don't mind lugging my USB cord around with me. so Charging isn't a big issue. Does it recharge as fast as the D1? I notice my D1 recharges very fast and is realistically full not like a fake HEY IM CHARGED USE ME!

OP
devinsetsfire

devinsetsfire

Reaction score
Now I'm looking at a D2...Any thoughts? I watched a video review from Engadget and he didn't seem like he hated it or loved it. He never claimed it was worse or better than the D1. So I figured if anyone else has an opinion on it.

leonozug

Reaction score
No...the Incredible HD supposedly is coming out at the end of the month...wait a bit and see what happens. And the D2 is being replaced by the Droid 2 Global very soon. Both these new phones are supposed to have 1.2Ghz processors.

leonozug

Reaction score
Verizon is unloading the Incredible and Droid 2 because they are trying to get rid of them, pretty much. If you want a much better phone I would seriously wait a month or so.

OP
devinsetsfire

devinsetsfire

Reaction score
I won't have the money to spend in a month to buy a new phone. Online they run like 500+ for a recently released phone with out a contract. I don't think 300 with free shipping is bad for a money back guarantee droid incredible.

harrellj

Reaction score
One thing to be aware of, the D2 has a locked bootloader. It has been gotten around, but its not as easily modified as a result. The DInc does not have such a problem, but I'd also argue that the DInc is only a slight upgrade to the D1 anyways.