Question for Mac owners....

Mixist

Reaction score
You have to export the calendar of events out of iCal then import it into google Calendar. I struggled with the same thing for a while until I figured it out.

RMcCall

Reaction score
no point in paying for an app, just open ical then go to preferences then accounts then click the + and click add a google account and your done, you can do the same for your address book too

Chillson

Reaction score
Just to throw this out there, you can put a Google Calendar widget on your desktop of your mac. No idea how well it works though.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok so I bought a Macbook on Sunday and I absolutely love it. I figured out how to get my Google calender synced to iCal, but is there anything out there that syncs iCal to my Google calender so I can view it on my phone? Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

Love my Mac Book Pro, also.

Take a look at this link (How to Sync iCal with Google Cal)

I think this may work (Sync - Google Calendar Help)

Once you get the two in sync I would think that google would push to your phone. Let me know how you make out.
Mike

Go Big Ten!!!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ah I remember when I scoured a way to sync my make with Google. It was such a headache...After getting my droid, I completely ditched iCal and use gCal now and it's been great!

borregolinda

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
Ok, I figured out how to sync my iCal with GCal, but everytime I add a new event to iCal and export it then import it to gCal I get duplicates of everything that was already in there.

Mixist

Reaction score
Ok, I figured out how to sync my iCal with GCal, but everytime I add a new event to iCal and export it then import it to gCal I get duplicates of everything that was already in there.

Okay, this is what I do and maybe it will work for you:

In iCal uncheck the gmai calendar, export your other events/appoinments and export them to your desktop or somewhere easy to get to. Then you can drag that exported file right onto your Google Calendar in iCal. Now anytime you want to add an appointment just do it in the Google Calendar and hide the other stuff. Nothing will get doubled up this way.

mcinvaille

Reaction score
So, to help clarify, if you add an appointment to your iCal it does not show up on your Google Cal? If that is your question then something is up with iCal. I add an appt to iCal and it syncs almost immediately. You must note than in iCal you may have several Calendars. For example, I have one for Home, Work and then my Google one. The appt has to be added to the Google Cal in iCal. I hope that helps but if that is not your question, sorry...