iCal syncing with Droid X

Acousticwood

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I know a lot of people sync there ical through google calender and what not but I have had no luck thus far and with my crazy work schedule I need to be able to tell people which office I am going to be at in the near future. I have the next years schedule on iCal and don't want to have to manually put it in another calender. I was wondering what the best app to use to sync the two is out there and works with my new DX. I am willing to even buy a program granted that it is not ridiculously expensive. I agree with alot of people that this phone can do everything you ever wanted but can't do something as simple as sync a computer. I love my macbook but i guess I have Apple to thank for this little snafu. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
I also am very interested in this.... I currently have ical syncing with google calendar however have yet to really find a half way decent calendar and especially widgit for android... I'm assuming the ical push to google servers to android is the way to do it....

jcstarr

Reaction score
It is a little tedious to setup but try this link:

Sync with iCal or Sunbird - Google Calendar Help

I have my iCal as well as my Address Book that automatically syncs to my Google account so if I change it on my phone it syncs back to my computer and vice versa. Could not live without it. Hope this helps. Be patient, if I remember it took me a few tries to get it.

Robslaw

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I know a lot of people sync there ical through google calender and what not but I have had no luck thus far and with my crazy work schedule I need to be able to tell people which office I am going to be at in the near future. I have the next years schedule on iCal and don't want to have to manually put it in another calender. I was wondering what the best app to use to sync the two is out there and works with my new DX. I am willing to even buy a program granted that it is not ridiculously expensive. I agree with alot of people that this phone can do everything you ever wanted but can't do something as simple as sync a computer. I love my macbook but i guess I have Apple to thank for this little snafu. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I use an awesome program call Busysync. It is a paid program but it works flawlessly. I have the following calendars in ical: "home, work, wife home" all sync via busysync up to google and then to my droid x with absolutely no problem.

George XX

Reaction score
I don't know if the original poster is still looking for this, but I figured I would post this here for the next person that finds this thread by search.

I had the same problem and talked to my IT person. He directed me to a little app called ics bot. It is free and allows you to now open those ics files which go right to your calendar. Simple and easy. Look for it on the app store.

sh5345

Reaction score
Sync iCal with Droid

Hey everyone,

I use an awesome program call Busysync. It is a paid program but it works flawlessly. I have the following calendars in ical: "home, work, wife home" all sync via busysync up to google and then to my droid x with absolutely no problem.

Are you receiving ringtone calendar alerts on your Droid?

Robslaw

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Yes I am. You need to change the settings in your google calendar for notifications. You can have an alarm or a pop up email.

sh5345

Reaction score

Yes I am. You need to change the settings in your google calendar for notifications. You can have an alarm or a pop up email.

My google notification options are email, pop-up or sms. No alarm option.

MafiosoGiacomo

Reaction score
Is 3rd party software necessary to sync the other calendars that are under "on my mac" in iCal?

MafiosoGiacomo

Reaction score
The delegation tab brings up google calendars that one can transfer to iCal, but not the other way around.

I tried publishing to a "private server" to the caldav gmail link given in the instructions
with no luck.

I'm looking into using Plaxo, but I want to make sure that I really need an add on - It seems silly that I can't get all my "on my mac" calendars to sync...

Thoughts?

Last edited:

MafiosoGiacomo

Reaction score
Ahh, Now I think I understand.

Instead of adding new calendars on iCal, I added the calendars in google calendars, and then chose to sync those under the "delegates" tab.

Success, no 3rd party software needed!