iCal on Droid (for a newbie)

spudbuster

Reaction score
ical sync with droid

By following the directions on this link - https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39332 - I was able to sync my ical calendar with the droid. Point to remember is to export each section of your calendar and save to your desktop, then use the import function on your google calendar to bring it into google. Once in google, go to your droid and make sure it is in sync mode. works great........good luck

oxymoron2000

Reaction score
Trying to sync ical to my Droid.

In my attempts, I keep getting a drop down, which I don't understand.

I've gone to Apple iCal>Preferences>Accounts Tab>click + sign>Account Info, but when I get there, I enter my info and the drop down happens which says....(No Open Directory servers configured......Configure one or more Open Directory servers using Directory Utility, or use an explicit Account URL )

I'm a newbie at this and I don't know what this means. Could someone guide me on this?
thank you,
Kaylynn

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Okay, I am probably a little late here but....... Of course I have the DROID and I have a Google account with a personal calendar. My work uses MACs exclusively and our IT guy put us on iCal. Now he hooked us up on BusySync. We did not have to delete our personal calendars. He set up various work calendars on iCal and invited us to the new work calendars through Google. With BusySync running, I can edit or add new appointments from my DROID and via the Google calendar, BusySync sends all information to my work iCal and visa versa. If a new event is put on iCal it will work its way onto Google and then my DROID. I am not sure the exact procedure but could probably get it from my IT guy. But it appears the common thread between the DROID, Google and iCal (MAC) is BusySync.