calendar sync help

pjo1966

Reaction score
I had to do a hard reboot on my Droid. In loading my calendar data back in, it got screwed up. Now instead of having separate calendars all the data went into my me@mydomain calendar. The Droid synced with Google calendar, and now that is incorrect as well. Before iCal synched too I was able to get a backup. So i have the correct data in an iCal file. Is there a way to delete the calendar data from the Droid and Google, and let iCal populate the data from there?

I also posted this in Google's forum as well.

OP
P

pjo1966

Reaction score
I ended up deleting all my calendars in Google and reimporting everything. Now the Droid is not seeing the updated calendars. All events on the Droid are still in the mydomain calendar, which should actually be empty. I'm open to any suggestions. I'd really like to get this taken care of.

OP
P

pjo1966

Reaction score
I'm bumping this up...

Some of the calendars are syncing, but not all of them. I've toggled the syncing for each of them, but that doesn't make a difference.

OP
P

pjo1966

Reaction score
iCal and Google are syncing properly. It's Droid and Google that aren't syncing.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh sorry. Did you check the calendar settings to auto sync?

OP
P

pjo1966

Reaction score
Oh sorry. Did you check the calendar settings to auto sync?

Yes, Auto Sync is checked under Settings/Accounts & sync. I toggled it off and on again to be sure. I also went into the Calendar settings and toggled sync for each calendar. If I create an event on the Droid it shows up in Google and iCal in the primary calendar, but that calendar is one of the ones not syncing correctly on the Droid. It's currently completely empty in Google and iCal, but on the Droid it has duplicate entries from all the other calendars.

I called Verizon and they said it was Google's problem. I posted on Google's site, but never got a response. Now that Google is in the personal electronics business, they really need to have phone support.

OP
P

pjo1966

Reaction score
More data:

In addition to the primary calendar showing all events from all calendars, when in fact it has no events on Google, the calendars that are syncing are only showing all-day events. No events starting and stopping at specific times are shown. I really need access to my appointments schedule.