Question about tb as a night clock

want a droid

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone here uses the thunder bolt as a night clock. Does using it (the screen being on all night) have any negative effects? I used the desk clock last night to try it out and liked waking up with the time right there.

Thanks for input

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Morlince

Reaction score
I used my Droid 1 as clock and loved it. The app i used is alarm clock plus, works great and has a gentle alarm function where it slowly raises the volume instead of instant foghorn. :)

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I stopped using a regular alarm clock November of 2009, the day I got my Droid 1. I love Alarm Clock Plus also; haven't used the Android deskclock since. I used to use Sinead O'Connor's song "Nothing Compares To You" as the alarm notification because the song starts so quietly it's like having a rising volume alarm. However, with ACP, I wake up to my phone telling me what time it is while the vibrator buzzes, and I almost always get to the phone to snooze it or turn off the alarm before any music starts.

I forget which Android update added the 50% backlight dimmer for the clock app but it was a Godsend for sure. I used to wake up sometimes in the middle of the night and wonder why the room seemed so bright. It's much better now.

bhall238

Reaction score
I'm going to try Alarm Clock Plus; thanks for the heads up.

funkyb

Reaction score
The HTC clock has a night mode that just keeps the time up dimly, works great for me.

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
The HTC clock has a night mode that just keeps the time up dimly, works great for me.

That's what I have used the past 2 nights. so there are no negative offects for leaving the screen on all night?

funkyb

Reaction score

That's what I have used the past 2 nights. so there are no negative offects for leaving the screen on all night?

If you're referring to battery life, I'm also charging so I can't say how much the clock-only screen adds to drain time. If you're not referring to battery life I'm not sure I understand.

metzor

Reaction score

I have used the Alarm Clock Pro app on my D1 for about 6+ months now. It leaves the screen up all night while in the dock, be it full bright or dimly lit. I have seen no adverse effects from doing this.