Weather & clock widget

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
My weather and clock widget does not show the weather at all when I select it for " my location" setting any ideas anyone?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Yes the gps is on it will pick up my location just won't show the weather
Sent from my ADR6400L he using DroidForums

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
My weather and clock widget does not show the weather at all when I select it for " my location" setting any ideas anyone?

Any ideas

Hipstr62

Reaction score
I was told by a Verizon rep to do a hard reset when my Thndrblt's weather continually showed my temp at 5 degrees below the actual temp and was always showing a sunny sky after dark. I also had all three GPS services running (as he requested). Does anyone know how I can check what location (exact) my weather app is using? All it says is my hometown. I haven't done the hard reset yet cuz I can't see how that would make weather and time of day more accurate. It seems to me that hard reset is Verizon's answer to every problem. I did do a soft reset with catch clearing & data delete....it made no improvement!

Sent like lightening from my Thndrblt!

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I was told by a Verizon rep to do a hard reset when my Thndrblt's weather continually showed my temp at 5 degrees below the actual temp and was always showing a sunny sky after dark. I also had all three GPS services running (as he requested). Does anyone know how I can check what location (exact) my weather app is using? All it says is my hometown. I haven't done the hard reset yet cuz I can't see how that would make weather and time of day more accurate. It seems to me that hard reset is Verizon's answer to every problem. I did do a soft reset with catch clearing & data delete....it made no improvement!

Sent like lightening from my Thndrblt!

I fixed it I just went to the weather ap and refreshed it....all good

recDNA

Reaction score
Did u check to see how often you have weather set to update? (In settings) maybe yours is set only to manual? Mine is set to once an hour.

I agree that vzw tech answer to everything is a hard reset. They know it is a lot of work to reconfigure so you might just tolerate the problem and not bother them any more!

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Did u check to see how often you have weather set to update? (In settings) maybe yours is set only to manual? Mine is set to once an hour.

I agree that vzw tech answer to everything is a hard reset. They know it is a lot of work to reconfigure so you might just tolerate the problem and not bother them any more!

Yeah VZW tech blows they don't know shot and all they say is do a hard reset.....very annoying

Yes it was set to manual

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Anyone know how to change the weather too update automatically

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Do u know how to change it too the often times it updates? I go to the settings however to change the frequency of updates it is greyed out....any ideas?