Question about rooting

Merc

Reaction score
I am currently using my D2G without service, so I can play with it all I want and get stellar battery life. The BB Curve is subbing until I get this all figured out. I would like to root my D2G, but I remember with my X that rooting and removing some of the bloatware caused problems with updates. How do I get around this? I would really like to root so I can stop all the unnecessary syncing and such, because running the phone without service all day, with wifi on for 4 hours and playing with it often, I'm at 50% and 12 hrs 38 mins since unplugged. That shows me that with the extended batt I should be able to make it last almost as long as a DX but it will take some tweaking. Someone help, because I really like this phone and I want to be able to use it as a phone, but the battery life as got to get better first!

OP
M

Merc

Reaction score
check this out for battery life
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global/110414-battery-sucks-does.html

"I'm at 50% and 12 hrs 38 mins since unplugged"

thats real good....

as for your other questions search "Droid 2 Global" forums most of your questions are addressed.

Yea, the batt life is great as long as the phone isn't active on VZ's network. It is basically just a really really cool MP3 player right now, as it is pretty much running in airplane mode. I am probably going to reactivate it tomorrow because this forum is making me jealous that I am not running a Droid as my main phone!

I have read that thread, and I intend to utilize the advice given therein. Thanks for the reply!

OP
M

Merc

Reaction score
Using the tips in the battery thread, I hope to reactivate and achieve similar results. I am going to leave email syncing on manual for now, because I am constantly thinking about email so I can afford to go and check it. I want to start up Ti back up but I need to be rooted first and I want to be sure I do that right. I will probably wait until I have the phone active again.

BTW, this forum rocks! You guys really make me want to use my Droid with or without battery problems!

You see, I come from a long list of long lasting devices such as BB Curve, LG EnV2, and several Moto flip phones that were indestructable. I am not used to having to worry about batt life and performance.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd be glad to help with rooting it :)

Using the tips in the battery thread, I hope to reactivate and achieve similar results. I am going to leave email syncing on manual for now, because I am constantly thinking about email so I can afford to go and check it. I want to start up Ti back up but I need to be rooted first and I want to be sure I do that right. I will probably wait until I have the phone active again.

BTW, this forum rocks! You guys really make me want to use my Droid with or without battery problems!

You see, I come from a long list of long lasting devices such as BB Curve, LG EnV2, and several Moto flip phones that were indestructable. I am not used to having to worry about batt life and performance.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
M

Merc

Reaction score

DroidForums junkie!!

Much appreciated. I will hop on here when I get a chance this weekend and start the process. I may not get to it until saturday evening.

I just ordered two OEM batteries for it, man they're cheap! I am also gonna try and snipe a good deal on an extended battery as well. I just wonder why they are so much more expensive than the smaller one?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No problem! Just send me a PM and we'll get on Gtalk and get it going :)

DroidForums junkie!!

Much appreciated. I will hop on here when I get a chance this weekend and start the process. I may not get to it until saturday evening.

I just ordered two OEM batteries for it, man they're cheap! I am also gonna try and snipe a good deal on an extended battery as well. I just wonder why they are so much more expensive than the smaller one?

DroidForums junkie!!