D2G Rooting and other info and questions.

ascanius

Reaction score
Hey i would like to root my D2G and would prefer to use the terminal but wasn't sure if the threads i looked at are up to date. seems that the updates remove root access, which i did as soon as i got my phone recently to my dismay, also is their anything like Vim or scripting utilities. I am interested if it is possible to access the phone from my computer w/out using usb, along with tethering it (NOT to play wow, or games!) and lastly can some one explain exactly what SBF and RSDLite are and what they do.

bgrade

Reaction score
regarding rooting, why would you want to use the terminal emulator to root your phone? In my understanding of what the TE is, i think it would be easier to use the free app "z4root" as that roots your phone with just one touch. Also the android 2.2 update does remove root access but you can simply re-root once you've updated.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I too would recommend Z4 for the D2G....it's a one click solution to rooting your device.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Like others have said its much easier to root using z4root, however you can root using usb/adb. Its not that hard to do but it is a little more time consuming than z4root. For accessing without usb, there's an app called wifi file explorer. It requires wifi and can only access the sd card though.

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2