Bricked. (SBF after .629 update, bootloader, etc)

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Why modify the bootloader to disallow downgrades? To what purpose?
I think you're misunderstanding Motorola.

Try looking at this this way:

You're the hardware manufacturer. You release a smartphone; it has some vulnerabilities. You release patches to fix them, but there is a way for hackers to get the device back to a vulnerable version. What will be your next move?

Right. To remove the possibility of restoring the device to a vulnerable state.

Motorola isn't doing anything malicious there. The DROID2 GLOBAL was marketed as a business phone; on a rooted device they have no way to ensure that your Exchange-related data is secure.

H

hhwxcb8mn

I must say, after all that, I hope that the new phone DOES NOT have 629 on it so I can freeze the update as you guys have all so nicely explained how to do!

muscal

Reaction score
This definitely just happened to me too. I tried SPFing back to 3 different versions, all ended up saying successful but still wound up at the bootloader. Eventually called Verizon about it and they are sending me something refurbished. Can someone explain to me just for my own knowledge what we are waiting for to be released to fix this? Thanks for any information.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This update removed the ability to SBF to a previous version of the OS on the phone. So we are waiting for the .629 SBF to be leaked so that we can fix phones like yours.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

l337f00l

Reaction score
Just to let you guys know I got my replacement D2G today and it does not have the update on it. Just good old fashioned stock GB.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Just to let you guys know I got my replacement D2G today and it does not have the update on it. Just good old fashioned stock GB.

funny if they want us to update so bad
you would think they would install it for you

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
jportmusic

jportmusic

Reaction score
Okay!

I'm back in business. Replaced phone is activated, data restored, it shipped with .608, so I rooted it (Droid 3 script) and am getting ready to selectively freeze what needs freezing.

Thanks everybody.

tknguyen

Reaction score
Thanks. I tried the "X" to get to the triangle screen, the phone just powers straight up to bootloader:

Bootloader
D0.11
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Looks like I'll have to put it in carbonite and enjoy my friend's spare BlackBerry Tour for a lil while... [sigh]

The price of a love affair with tinkering and hacking is that I stub my toe sometimes.

Hi guy, my Droid 2 Global phone have same error, would you tell me how to fix this error? Thank you so much!