[HELP] Droid 2 Global BRICKED!!!

rawleo

Reaction score
Hello to all i was just wondering if anyone can help me with my droid 2 global problem:

I had originally rooted it and installed a 'Liberty rom." subliminally i didnt know that the keyboard backlight wasn't working, so i tried to install a new one, and then i bricked my phone. i waited for the new .629 ota update that was released in march, tried to install with rsd Lite but it did not help me at all, and yes i have tried the .608.sbf and then the .629.sbf but it made NO effect but made the phone code corupt. Now after reading thread after thread, my phone is stuck with this on the screen::

Bootloader
D0.11

Code Corrupt

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

::
Can anyone help me!!!!!! =[

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
You tried to install the OTA with the SBF? If that's the case you may need to try using the SBF for the version you were on previously.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum...sorry to hear about your issue.

I am gonna move your thread to the D2G help area...

stani

Reaction score
[How-to] [SBF] unbricking & root D2g 629 - Droid 2 / R2D2 / Milestone 2 / Droid 2 Global - RootzWiki

This totally works, you will lose root, but I can confirm that this works.

I did this, using RSD-Lite, flash 608 sbf, there is a link to the file, download and unzip to a folder.

When RSD- Lite confirms finished success, flash repacked 629 sbf, once again, there is a link to the file, download and unzip to a folder.

Download 629 OTA to your computer, and then copy .zip file to your phones SD card.

How to boot recovery&apply zip update:
1.Press X + Power and hold to power up the phone(if your phone is on,power off first),release until you see the recovery
2.Press Vol up&down at the same time to unlock the bootmenu
3.Choose the moto-signed OTA zip file and apply the update
4.reboot

Read above carefully, this is the one time you want to not unzip file, and the enter button for boot recovery is on top of the phone, not the camera button.

After the OTA update, your phone should boot. Then you are going to want to restore your phone to factory settings. Once you do this, your phone should boot and be functional. I have tried this a number of times, and it helped me to also remove superuser when I went back to Verizon to help with my dead touchscreen.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
“You will lose root” isn't quite right as long as you do everything as outlined there.

stani

Reaction score
I had massive radio problems after rooting here, I was trying to advise the poster that they could unbrick their phone by copying my method.

OP
R

rawleo

Reaction score
@themib - i havent looked at that page i'll try your way

@MissionImprobable -what was the ota sbf that was out before the .629, because that would be the one that i should use since it was before i had bricked it.

@stani - i tried that way, but the thing is when i try to .608 sbf it will not successfully finish, the only sbf that actually works and finishes installing is the .629 one but if any other sbf doesnt complete then what am i to do???

ps. -i cant even get my phone into the recovery mode

OP
R

rawleo

Reaction score
Well unfortunately, i tried that method too...the 2.33 .sbf file but it doesnt finish flashing at all...it doesnt completely flash, and after i try to flash any sbf file,and then the .629 (official) it says:

Bootloader
D0.11

Code corrupt