Question about canceling a line on Verizon.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I opened a new line 2 years ago on my family plan just so I could get a new phone at the time, then I just transferred that phone to my main line. Since then that line has been sitting there and I've paid $10 a month for it. I checked my account online and it says the contract expires November 9th.

My question is, can I go ahead and cancel the line starting today? Or do I have to wait till November 9th to avoid early termination fees?

Thanks!

vatothe0

Reaction score
You have to cancel it on or after Nov 9 to avoid the etf.

skennelly

Reaction score
The ETF is pro-rated. The closer you are to the end of the contract, the lower the etf. It may be a wash.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Beka27

Reaction score
I would call today and ask. You obviously want to cancel before you get another charge for the ten bucks. They should be able to tell you what day you can actually cancel it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you're this close to the end of the contract, your ETF would be next to nothing I think...

vatothe0

Reaction score
It's either $110 or $120. It's not pro-rated, it is variable. Pro-rated would mean the ETF is distributed evenly across all months, which it's not.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
for every month of service the ETF goes down by 10 dollars so if your 23 months into a contract they would take off 230 dollars from the $350 dollar ETF fee meaning you would still owe 120 dollars.