Quake 2 & 3 ported to Droid

NVash

Reaction score
Funny, I just hit 'Accept' on the bottom right and that worked just fine. You can even just hit the back button if you like, you dont need a CD key.

ke0kie

Reaction score
Funny, I just hit 'Accept' on the bottom right and that worked just fine. You can even just hit the back button if you like, you dont need a CD key.

Can you play all the maps or just the demo?

NVash

Reaction score
No clue. I havent beaten the first level yet. I keep getting shot down. Is there some glitch in this game? This is madness. I shot them a million times and they dont die but two shots and Im done.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
did you choose a tough difficulty?

The only issue i'm having is with aiming/shooting. The touchscreen is hard to get used to and taking your finger off to tap/shoot messes me up.

NVash

Reaction score
Im on the second one, think thats 'Bring It On'. The first one, all Crash did was run around like an idiot never shooting at me. Now I shoot Crash twenty times but he/she wont die, they get off two shots on me and Im dead. Makes me sick. Theres five difficulty levels, if this is how hard the second one is the rest must be pure insanity.

Still wondering why I have these two icons for it and how to get a new main one for it, this odd Droid icon isnt very cool.

And here are the controls, from the DroidLife link...

-Movement: a/s/w/d, up/down arrows
-Look: touch screen, trackball and left/right arrows
-Shooting: Alt / D-pad center / tap on screen / trackball
-Tilde (quake3 console): search button
-Escape: back button

I got a question. Anyone figure out how to jump yet?

pie123

Reaction score
Im on the second one, think thats 'Bring It On'. The first one, all Crash did was run around like an idiot never shooting at me. Now I shoot Crash twenty times but he/she wont die, they get off two shots on me and Im dead. Makes me sick. Theres five difficulty levels, if this is how hard the second one is the rest must be pure insanity.

Still wondering why I have these two icons for it and how to get a new main one for it, this odd Droid icon isnt very cool.

And here are the controls, from the DroidLife link...

-Movement: a/s/w/d, up/down arrows
-Look: touch screen, trackball and left/right arrows
-Shooting: Alt / D-pad center / tap on screen / trackball
-Tilde (quake3 console): search button
-Escape: back button

I got a question. Anyone figure out how to jump yet?

Space bar is jump, though you can change all of the controls in the options/setup menu.

ke0kie

Reaction score
Q3 and Q3A are the same game...

Thx for the confirmation

It says "your key appears to be valid", I hit accept, and I only have access to Q3DMO, none of the other tiers. Q3DMO is only an arena tutorial. I also have to re-enter the Key everytime I start the game (this happen to everyone else too?)

Forgive my apparent ignorance, but where to I select the 1st level of regular game play (not arena).

--Scott

pie123

Reaction score
Q3 and Q3A are the same game...

Thx for the confirmation

It says "your key appears to be valid", I hit accept, and I only have access to Q3DMO, none of the other tiers. Q3DMO is only an arena tutorial. I also have to re-enter the Key everytime I start the game (this happen to everyone else too?)

Forgive my apparent ignorance, but where to I select the 1st level of regular game play (not arena).

--Scott

No serial number is needed... (for me at least), The game is only arena, there is no "Regular" quake 3. You have to finish the Demo to unlock the others.

NVash

Reaction score
I didnt use a Serial Number at all, but I have yet to beat the Demo. Im glad to hear there are other levels, I was beginning to wonder about that.

geronosaurus

Reaction score
This is a dream come true. I cannot believe how fast Q3 runs on my Droid; takes me back to the days of Freeze Tag! Anyways, I tried playing Multiplayer just for the heck of it, and lo and behold, it worked! Needless to say, my ping was 70 (Go VZW! Better than my 56k modem back in the day!) and I couldn't move quite as fast as a mouse with my finger, the thought of fragging people during lunch break on the Droid secures my thought that this was a great purchase.

+1 win for the Droid!