Quake 2 & 3 ported to Droid

get quad

Reaction score
Not really very practical to try and play, but with some good demos from esreality quite the kickass way to showcase what the droid and its dedicated graphics processing can do. With proper sound and video tweaking I've been able to get about 35 fps on average.

So how's that HID stack coming I wonder? :D

News:
Android Bounty: Fully working Quake 2 and 3 ported to Droid – Android and Me

quake 3 ported to motorola droid | droid life: a motorola droid blog

download and install quake 3 on your motorola droid | droid life: a motorola droid blog

http://code.google.com/p/kwaak3/

When I find some demos I'll post links, but one is included in the game.

OP
G

get quad

Reaction score
once you get the game installed, you can make it run even faster with these console vid tweaks:

(drop console with search button on droid physical keyboard)

/seta r_picmip 2 (you can tweak to your liking, but anything over 2 is going to produce fugly textures)
/seta r_gamma 1.1 (not really a speed tweak, just raises brightness a hair)
/vid_restart

and to see your framerate results once you play the demo:
/cg_drawfps 1

rudely

Reaction score
very cool both run smooth on my droid, wonder if I could use a little bluetooth mouse to play it :}

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
wow I wouldn't have expected Q3 to run that good on this little guy. The beastness of this phone never ceases to amaze me, I'll have to try this out later :icon_ banana:

NVash

Reaction score
Hey thats awesome! I never played Quake but surely Ill pick it up now. But I have a few questions.

1) Download and install the APK file? How do you install that?
2) Do I need to have the original Quake 3 for this to work?

Wouldnt it be cool if that old game DBZ Bid For Power worked if you hooked it up to this somehow?

deputc26

Reaction score
lol, I'd never played quake 3 but I just put it on my phone and played a bit as a novelty, pretty sweet.

NVash

Reaction score
Okay, still have no idea where to put and install the APK file on the Droid. Can someone please fill me in? Id really like to check this out.

EDIT:
Okay, I see. Have to download it using the Droid. You go to that third link, using your Droid, click on the APK file, download it and then install it. Then you hook it up to your computer and drop the 'quake3' folder in. Easy enough.

New questions.
1) This is my first app that I ever installed that wasnt on the MarketPlace. Do I have anything to worry about? Such as someone reading my txts or any info I may put in over my phone?
2) Why do I have two kwaak3 icons and how can I delete one?
3) How can I get an icon for this thing? The Droid icon isnt very cool at all.
4) How do I uninstall it?

NVash

Reaction score
Its funny, first time I played it I made a kill. Then I stopped since that was only to see if it worked. I came back a few hours later and, despite how many times I shoot the other character they just won't die.

ke0kie

Reaction score
Its funny, first time I played it I made a kill. Then I stopped since that was only to see if it worked. I came back a few hours later and, despite how many times I shoot the other character they just won't die.

It prompts for CD KEY when starting the game, what do I enter?