Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Last edited:

Merire

Reaction score
So we need the data from original game for Quake 2, if I understand well. But do we need it for Quake 3 ?

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
we already had quake 2. but quake 3 is a nice one. saw the info too but you were faster in posting :). try it out at home im at work right now.

91jolson

Reaction score
Thanks for the post, have been trying to find it since they took it off the market. Do we have to download it to computer then transfer it to Droid? Or is it fine to just download directly from the link?
Thanks

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
read the link in the first post. you need quake 3 full or quake 3 demo pc version. then install it. update it to 1.32 and move all pak files from the pc quake 3 directory to your SD card on quake3\baseq3 then install quake 3 apk and run.

btw runs not very well. it isnt very playable right now but i hope speed will be improved.

caboyzcoti

Reaction score
can anyone help me on this? i get to the end of the first or second level im not sure which it is but it freezes whenever i go up to the computer lookin thing. i had the pak0 file from the australian full version, does it just take a really long time to load because its like a 137mb file i think? or could it be due to the region? any help would be nice

Delirious17

Reaction score
Quake 3?! Righteous!!!!!

Fantastic...this is just amazing...

Also hit the search button to access the command console and to type numbers hold down the ALT key and press a "number" key :)

THANK YOU!!! THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!

(Also I copied all my steam purchased Quake 3 .pak files to sdcard/quake3/baseq3 and works flawlessly)

Last edited:

agdaniels

Reaction score
Anyone have the Wolf3D apk? I've been looking for that one for a while

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
greatest thing ever ? well i wouldnt call a game which lags unplayable with to many bots "greatest thing ever" maybe its getting better in new versions. but i prefer native games. they are designed especially for our hardware and thats the matter why they run flawless.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
how big is the data file?

The demo data file for Quake 2 is 49megs. I just downloaded the Quake2 and let the program go to IDSoftware's FTP site for the map data. It actually downloaded the windows demo and extracted the files leaving the 34 meg demo.exe compressed file there along with the 49meg data file it extracted. I deleted the compressed file once I saw it sitting there.

Haven't looked at the Quake 3 stuff or the full versions (I have both at home somewhere......).

alm0614

Reaction score
anyone confirm just downloading and installing the apk is fine?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
anyone confirm just downloading and installing the apk is fine?
You need the .pak file (map/level data) for either to work.

The Quake 2 one has a "tools" menu allowing you to download the demo map/level from IDSoftware's FTP site.

Both will allow you to manually put the .pak file on your phone but you still need the file (either from your installed on PC game or downloaded from elsewhere).