Q & A With Bgill55

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
So, if I can ever complete my theme how does one go about porting it ROMS? Do I d/l the ROM and the simply "inject" the changes/edits I have made to all the drawable files?

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So, if I can ever complete my theme how does one go about porting it ROMS? Do I d/l the ROM and the simply "inject" the changes/edits I have made to all the drawable files?

Correct. if you edited any XMLs make sure they arent Rom Specific and you can bring those right over. but if they are you will have to redo the edits.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

Correct. if you edited any XMLs make sure they arent Rom Specific and you can bring those right over. but if they are you will have to redo the edits.

Damn! That's what I call service :wink: Thanks for the quick response!

Man, thought there might have been a short cut I didn't know about. I have yet to plunge into the XML world, so I guess overall just transferring over the PNG images shouldn't be that bad.

Thanks again bgill55!

nmiltner

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Good to know about how to make the update.zip file.

After you put in your changes, is it ok to change the name of the zip?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Good to know about how to make the update.zip file.

After you put in your changes, is it ok to change the name of the zip?

I have changed the name without issue.

Basically I take the ROMs .zip file and delete all the stuff that does not pertain to the theme then change what needs to be changed & rename the .zip.

nmiltner

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So its safe to rip out all the xmls that aren't edited? The update.zip just overwrites what is. Being changed, and not the whole apk?

Do you have to zipaling it again?

shocka2430

Reaction score
I wouldn't do that,when you put an apk in a zip that is what gets installed so if you remove xmls it wont work. It overwrites your whole apk in the system

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

marty4short

Reaction score
How do you go about centering the text and clock on the lock screen? I saw you post before you could do it without editing the keyguard xml's maybe i read it wrong.

nmiltner

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well, I'm making some progress, but can't seem to themee thhe new gmail.

Pulled apk from data/app added my changes and then put them in the zip with a path back to data/app. It doesn't apply. Do I need to put it somewhere else?

shocka2430

Reaction score
dont think you can push an app into data, try to uninstall from data then push to you system as Gmail.apk. then use root explorer go into system/app scroll to gmail fix permissions to rw r r then install. that should work

fabood1234

Reaction score
I am trying to boot your incognito theme on my droid that is currently running shadowrom but it's not working. I installed the .zip from my sd card but when it reboots it shows the droid logo and the whole flashing red eye thing but then that animation just replays from the droid logo over and over again.

nmiltner

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are you sure the incognito you have is for shadowrom? Also are you sure it is for the version of shadowrom you are using? Id check that first