Q & A With Bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I gonna open this thread up For any Questions anyone has about themeing for android. I tend to ramble on so there fore my How to are quite confusing.

but if there is a question that anyone has and I can help this is the place to ask it!!!

If I dont know the answer 9 times out of 10 I know someone who does!!!

hope to be of help to anyone!!!!

nmiltner

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is going to be a great place to visit. Thanks for this.

I've found that the ultimate themers guide is a great place to start.

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is going to be a great place to visit. Thanks for this.

I've found that the ultimate themers guide is a great place to start.

Yes indeed its my Bible!!!!!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This would be a great thread for the "up and coming themers" section bgill.

Check it out.

Sent from my Droid

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This would be a great thread for the "up and coming themers" section bgill.

Check it out.

Sent from my Droid

Make It Happen lol!!! ahhh CK i miss you!!!!! havent talked to you for a bit!!!!

Reaction score
@Bgill55...I am currently running the Sapphire 1.1 Rom with the Galaxy S theme for 1.0, seems to work fine, havent run into any problems so far. I was wondering if there were plans to get this theme out for 1.1 officially, and if there is a way to make the status bar blue like on the official galaxy s phones? or if you know of a ROM/theme that has this already?

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
@Bgill55...I am currently running the Sapphire 1.1 Rom with the Galaxy S theme for 1.0, seems to work fine, havent run into any problems so far. I was wondering if there were plans to get this theme out for 1.1 officially, and if there is a way to make the status bar blue like on the official galaxy s phones? or if you know of a ROM/theme that has this already?

Well I was about to update all themes to 1.1.0 but it looks like a small update to 1.1.1 is gonna happen in the next day or two so im gonna hold off until then. Than ill make full ports again!!! like I did for 1.0 as far as the blue you will have to talk to the original theme DEV I just made their themes work on Sapphire. but if you get me a screen shot of whats its supposed to look like, I think i can help you with the Blue Status bar!

Reaction score
Well now that im looking for it looks like it doesnt come with a blue status bar...could have sworn I seen a pic of one with it but must have been mistaken. looks like that have done it in this theme but cant seem to find any pics [Theme] [Morph] Gala S Theme Beta 0.4 CM6.0.0 - Procrastination Edtion - xda-developers wouldnt mind seeing the matching colors for the power widget. not worth switching to cm6 for me. love Sapphire. Great job by the way on all the themes..keep up the hard work

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Schoat333

Reaction score
I am going to attempt my first theme. I've been reading many guides/threads, and experimenting a little. It doesn't seem that difficult, but it does seem like a lot of work to edit the png images, and put the whole package together.

Just out of curiousity.

How long does it usually take you to create a custom theme from scratch?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am going to attempt my first theme. I've been reading many guides/threads, and experimenting a little. It doesn't seem that difficult, but it does seem like a lot of work to edit the png images, and put the whole package together.

Just out of curiousity.

How long does it usually take you to create a custom theme from scratch?

Well depends how much detail you want to go into. Its not as simple as editing a image. Android uses a. 9 image system which allows 1 image to be drawn and stretched allowing more room on the system. If you don't set the guide lines for the image and patch it with the draw 9 patch tool (found in the sdk) your image will be come all stretched weird.

But from scratch if I'm not making any XML edits I could knock out a theme in about a week. That's all system apps and framework. Not including 3rd party apps

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score

Well I was about to update all themes to 1.1.0 but it looks like a small update to 1.1.1 is gonna happen in the next day or two so im gonna hold off until then. Than ill make full ports again!!! like I did for 1.0 as far as the blue you will have to talk to the original theme DEV I just made their themes work on Sapphire. but if you get me a screen shot of whats its supposed to look like, I think i can help you with the Blue Status bar!

ok bgill55 I have finally found a image of that blue status bar I was talking about for the galaxy s..its not the best image but i requested a more straight on one. I got this off of the droid-life.com site..please let me know if you could make this happen for the next sapphire galaxy s theme. thank you.