Q & A With Bgill55

shocka2430

Reaction score
Like to see some pics of what you got done Yank, if ya dont mind sharing.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Like to see some pics of what you got done Yank, if ya dont mind sharing.

I don't mind sharing, but at this point the only thing I have done is switch out PNG's from different themes to make a "conglomerate" theme. I rather not post pics though because I have not asked permission from the other themers (yet) - I am at the "doing it to see if I can" stage right now. I have no intention on distributing at this point, that's why I haven't seeked "approval" at this point.
I'd be more than happy to show you the notification bar being it's the only original "work" I did. It's pretty basic right now, I am just playing around and have NO digital editing experience at all!!

shocka2430

Reaction score
That's cool bud, I understand. I'm still a newb at it too.

Sent from my Incognito Droid using Tapatalk

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Yeah, I was gonna attempt my own theme but I am not having much luck editing the pngs - so I think I'll just stick to my "Frankenthemes" for my own personal use :D

shocka2430

Reaction score
Tricky stuff takes a min to learn but once you got it, it's actually not that bad.

nmiltner

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
In the pulldown, what is the bar that says verizon wireless called? I can't seem to figure that one out.

antknee

Reaction score
That's in the framework.apk. Go to res/xml/eri.xml. its the first Verizon Wireless you'll see. I don't know if there's a character limit though

nmiltner

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for thatbit of knowledge. Ill keep that in mind. Although what I really need to know is the name of the png in which that piece of text resides. Like status_bar_something.9.png

antknee

Reaction score
Thanks for thatbit of knowledge. Ill keep that in mind. Although what I really need to know is the name of the png in which that piece of text resides. Like status_bar_something.9.png

My bad homie...I don't know that off the top of my head

shocka2430

Reaction score
Think that is called status_bar_header background and its in framework-res/drawable-hdpi. Its a.9 image so its a little tricky to edit it, but in pretty sure that's what its called.

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yes, yes and yes!!! :) sorry just waking up long night!!!