Rooting with.901?

ferret6

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to root with .901 already installed? I know this has been asked already but I haven't found any answers yet and I know someone out there is gonna figure it out because that's what you smart people do.

DROID11

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to root with .901 already installed? I know this has been asked already but I haven't found any answers yet and I know someone out there is gonna figure it out because that's what you smart people do.

trying to figure this out myself

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using DroidForums

Reaction score
I tried to go back from 901 to get forever root. Got back to 893 no problem, but it would soft brick everytime I tried to forever root. I finally hard bricked it, took it to Verizon and got a replacement. I don't recommend this as it really is not ethical but I figure after four bad ones I deserved something in return.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

Llawen

Reaction score
You have to go back to complete stock. 886, I did p3droids pathsaver and root. It was all screwed up. Lots of bugs. Went back to. 886. Get. 893 ota, (download it ota) that ensures you are 100%stock)! then root and forever root. Immediately do. 901 update. Get the ota zip and flash it stock recovery. One note.... If you change anything at all, build prop ect.. Freeze anything. It will fail. You must be 100% stock. You may get stuck in fastboot boot, with cdt error. Just get cdt repair script unzip it and run it. It will fix cdt. Then good to go. I did keep root. I love it. Then flashed powerboost script 2.2, overclocked 1.2, and set tcp buffers to match 4G. Now 3g speeds doubled. Broke 2mbs. Very stable. Love the kernel and radio.