proclip car mount

dazed

Reaction score
I have the proclip mount/holder for my droid 1 and love it. Does anyone know if proclip will make one for the bionic? If not..anyone know anything similar with a car charger included and swivels?

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I corresponded with the ProClip customer service team and they do not have a mount for the Bionic in production yet, but they did indicate that they would be producing one in the future. There is an adjustable mount that works well, either with the Verizon hard case and extended battery or without the case. If you email them, I am sure that they can tell you which of the adjustable mounts works.

You will have to dremel/drill out a spot for the power cable on the left side of the mount, but I did it and it looks and functions perfectly.

OP
D

dazed

Reaction score
Im looking at the droid x2 and it nearly has the same dimension as the bionic. I havent made sure the charging area is the same though.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Can you post a picture of it.
I corresponded with the ProClip customer service team and they do not have a mount for the Bionic in production yet, but they did indicate that they would be producing one in the future. There is an adjustable mount that works well, either with the Verizon hard case and extended battery or without the case. If you email them, I am sure that they can tell you which of the adjustable mounts works.

You will have to dremel/drill out a spot for the power cable on the left side of the mount, but I did it and it looks and functions perfectly.

shrub_having_coffee

Reaction score
I have the OEM Car Dock, and purchased the Garmin Ball Mount (Item# 215165) from ProClip. The ball is the exact same size as the ball on the suction cup mount of the OEM Motorola Car Dock, so I just attached the Ball Mount to my Vehicle Mount from ProClip, and then attached the OEM Dock to the Ball Mount.

jayman350

Reaction score
holy crap that is expensive! 60 bucks for the holder and charger AND I still have to buy a mount for it? :blink: I'll stick w/ my universal mount that I picked up for $15 and my $3 charger

Derekweb

Reaction score
I have the proclip for Bionic, got it yesterday. The bionic does not know it is docked. In the D1 proclip mount, there was a magnet option. Bionic does not seem to sense the dock with a magnet anyway. That is okay, as I hate the car dock app, so I just spent the day moving everything to launcher pro, which will rotate the home screens, and as an added bonus I get 2 more home screens. I was trying to avoid launcher pro because of the lag on the D1, but all this memory on the Bionic solves that! So far, so good.

As for paying more for proclip, yeah it is expensive. But I like the dash mount above the air vent and don't need to worry about the bionic coming loose, flying when I hit the brakes (hey, I'm a jersey driver), or spilling my drink on it.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have the OEM Car Dock, and purchased the Garmin Ball Mount (Item# 215165) from ProClip. The ball is the exact same size as the ball on the suction cup mount of the OEM Motorola Car Dock, so I just attached the Ball Mount to my Vehicle Mount from ProClip, and then attached the OEM Dock to the Ball Mount.

How has this been working out.
Is it coming loose at all (good fit)
How tall is that ball mount ?
I am wondering how far it will make the phone stick out past the mount.