Pro Clip Device Mount for the Droid

matburt

Reaction score
I asked them and they said it did not include the magnet. This is unfortunate for how much their mounts cost and I've been a customer of theirs for a long time. I think I'll pass on this mount until they get their act together.

timlitw

Reaction score
I bought the one from verizon when I got my phone, and then the ball mount for a garmin from proclip - if fits right on it - the only thing I don't like is the cord always drops down on the floor. So a mount that charges and has the magnet would be great.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I bought the one from verizon when I got my phone, and then the ball mount for a garmin from proclip - if fits right on it - the only thing I don't like is the cord always drops down on the floor. So a mount that charges and has the magnet would be great.

...and that works with the most popular/common cases!

OP
F

Funky145

Reaction score
Matburt, thanks for the information.

timlitw, I don't understand your configuration. What accessories are you using? The car dock from Verizon and the Pro Clip Garmin ball mount. What are you attaching the Pro Clip ball mount to?

jfourman

Reaction score
Attached Motorola Mount to Proclip Console Mount

I just received the Motorola Car Mount. My ProClip Mount is attached to my center console. I removed the ProClip ball mount and holder for my previous phone and attached the adhesive mounting disk for the Motorola mount to the ProClip platform.

I now have:
1. A very flexible phone mount with unlimited swivel points and directions.
2. The ability to remove the suction mount and place it on the windshield of another car.
3. A Droid car mount with the magnets to automatically put the phone in "car mode" (the ProClip mount does not have the magnets).
3. The ProClip Droid mount is $34.99 while the Motorola mount from the Verizon store was $23.99 (corp disc). I saved $11.00 and ended up with a much better solution.
The only thing that you may want to consider is the Motorola mount is big with its extension arm. I like the arm because it brings the phone closer to my hand; but some may think that it makes the phone too prominent in the car.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
timlitw, I don't understand your configuration. What accessories are you using? The car dock from Verizon and the Pro Clip Garmin ball mount. What are you attaching the Pro Clip ball mount to?
Pro Clip's mounts are 2 piece systems: a device holder and a vehicle mount. He's using the vehicle mount along with the car dock.

3. The ProClip Droid mount is $34.99 while the Motorola mount from the Verizon store was $23.99 (corp disc). I saved $11.00 and ended up with a much better solution.
The only thing that you may want to consider is the Motorola mount is big with its extension arm.
...and that if the reader doesn't already have a vehicle mount it will add to the total cost.

Last edited:

BrooklynDROID

Reaction score
The Pro Clip looks like a great solution. I am running an Amzer vent mount right now and it is OK, so long as I don't turn too tight or quickly. I'd rather have something more stable, and the Pro Clip looks like it will fit the bill.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been very happy with their device holders. They aren't cheap though, as has already been pointed out. I'm not quite as fond of their vehicle mounts. I'd seriously recommend looking at Panavise's brackets instead.

BrooklynDROID

Reaction score
I ordered my car mount & Droid holder a little earlier today. The Droid holder is out of stock, but they say it will ship on the 14th. My car mount (08 GTI) is in stock.

:icon_ banana: