REVIEW: ProClip Vent Mount for Droid

Rudy

Reaction score
Hope that's not an automatic GTI!

Either way nice car.

REARless

Reaction score
No magnet a big bummer to me.

I like the fact that it clips in without damaging your dash.

The lack of magnet is a big bummer considering the price of the device. I know you can download the "Car Home" app, but at the price, how hard would it have been for them to put a magnet in the doc?

My 2009 Subaru Legacy has an open compartment in the dash, I kind of rigged the standard car dock by taking it apart and screwing it in to a little box that fits snugly in the open compartment. I was hoping for something a little cleaner. I would spend the money on this product but not without a magnet to trigger the car dock automatically.

Nice GTI though, I almost bought one.

holee

Reaction score
If it had a magnet and an integrated power, that'd have sealed the deal for me. The magnet's more of a deal breaker than power, though.

I'm still holding out on my dream car dock.

Would you be able to post a photo of the Droid in the dock, perhaps using a different camera?

skidemn

Reaction score
Bracketron vent mount with tilt/swivel

If you are adamant about a vent mount, then I'd consider this one from Bracketron with tilt and swivel:
2.jpg&w=300&h=300
phpThumb.php

It uses this holder which is a bit bulkier than others I recommend, but it can hold a magnet inside as I have already modified a few to do automatic Car Home mode.
4.jpg&w=300&h=300
moz-screenshot-1.png
phpThumb.php

These two units together are substantially less cost than the ProClip...

Last edited:

Adam B.

Reaction score
I've used proclip exclusively for the last few years. They make excellent products.

Has anyone used the clip with the full body invisible shield? I'm concerned it might cause some issues with tearing or wear on the shield.

djtrype

Reaction score
the ac is a dehumidifier, so it will help dry it out if anything, but during the winter if you have the heat on it will heat up pretty good. electronic going from hot to cold and vice versa is not good.

Close the vent...

I keep my heat directed to the floor, anyway. I don't anticipate any problems due to the ProClip mount

For some of us in order to close the vent, that means not being able to attach the mount. That doesn't help us then.

Telexen

Reaction score
Quick question.

Does yours fit loosely? Can it slide itself out of the holder when in the vertical position? I bought the same one after owning several ProClip mounts for different phones/vehicles and have NEVER seen such a poor quality product from them.

If it had a magnet and an integrated power, that'd have sealed the deal for me. The magnet's more of a deal breaker than power, though.
They are working on one that has the USB jack built in. Pics made it look very stable, I was impressed...but I would expect it to be $70, just like all their powered holders. Supposed to be ready mid January.

Last edited:
OP
BrooklynDROID

BrooklynDROID

Reaction score
Quick question.

Does yours fit loosely? Can it slide itself out of the holder when in the vertical position? I bought the same one after owning several ProClip mounts for different phones/vehicles and have NEVER seen such a poor quality product from them.

Now that you mention it, yes. I tend to keep my Droid horizontal, though. With the front of my Verizon shell/holster combo on the phone the fit is nice and tight.

I took the mount out so I can install a magnet. I'll have a pic of the mount w. Droid soon.

OP
BrooklynDROID

BrooklynDROID

Reaction score
OK...

Here are some pics of how the Droid sits in the mount:
DSC03748.jpg

DSC03749.jpg

DSC03752.jpg

with the front of the Verison shell/holster combo installed:
DSC03753.jpg

DSC03754.jpg