Proceed With Caution! Droid4 [ROM] The Artic!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Droid 4 users! Announcing a Rom for you to flash! Before you read any further know that there is currently no safety net if you mess something up and brick your phone. If this worries you then you should wait for an official FXZ file to be leaked so that you will have a way back to stock incase of a softbrick. Also it should be noted that this has not been tested extensively for the Droid4 however it has been reported to work on the Droid4. If you can wait a week or so HashCode is working on a SafeStrap specifically for the Droid4. If you can't wait, FLASH AWAY! Just know that you have been warned!

The Artic Rom is developed by "Shady_Lanem" and will be maintained for the Droid4 by developer Mattlgroff. This Rom is fully Rooted and Deodexed. It has been Zipaligned, and png optimized, it includes 1% battery mod, Minimal blur, fully debloated for even more snappiness, cpu is optimized, custom reboot options in the power menu, 8 toggles in the notification drop down, speedy v7 script, fully tweaked and modded, webtop hdmi hack included for the pc experience on your tv via hdmi cable, wake on volume keys mod, ram optimized, supercharge custom scripts, ICS music app, gallery 3d, cm7 email, tweaked Theme, plus tons more.

This rom was originally devd for the RAZR, but it has been flashed and is said to be working on the D4, apparently the keyboard backlight is not functioning as there is no provisions for a keyboard on a RAZr rom, but the 2.3.3 version of this Rom is said to fix the backlight issue. Once again if you flash this you do so at your own risk. I would also highly recommend that you flash this on SafeStrap only for now.

Grab this Rom and discuss here!

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Wish I had a Droid 4 I'd love to try out this beautiful looking ROM. I'm still waiting on the word regarding getting the Droid 4 to work on other CDMA carriers before I commit to throwing down the green.

**BTW the name of the ROM is spelled incorrectly in the title of this thread.**

Last edited:

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
This ROM looks incredible. Nice Job Shady_Lanem.

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Has all the features I'm looking for. Just can't stand the color scheme...oh, and the whole "untested and no safety net yet" thing. :)

I already invested some money in LibertyROM as well, so if I do go with a different ROM, likely to go with them.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I'm trading my bionic for this now... Have less than a week. Hopefully safestrap is out by then XD man i cant wait

death06969

Reaction score
This rom keeps rebooting in bootloader nothing else will work sorry loks like i am waiting:mad: