[ROM] Eclipse v1.3 has been successfully ported to the Droid 4!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Droid 4 development has been stagnant for the past few weeks. We have been waiting for something new. Thanks to "MyFishBear" we have it! He has successfully ported Eclipse v1.3 to the Droid4! He claims bluetooth and the keyboard bot work as well. In fact he doesn't give a list of things that are not working so I have to assume this is a pretty stable build. Of course you should flash this via Safestrap.

1c.png

I know that its really not even a big deal but my favorite part of this rom is the Sense Clock widget! The Rom is built on 2.3.6 and based on 4.0.4 source. It includes the ICS bootanimation, Mobile hotspot hack, usb tethering enabled, full ICS theme throughout, Inverted apps, status bar tweaks including 1% battery mod, power widgets, pw color picker, ime toggle,battery options, clock options, clock color picker, Nav bar tweaks, extended power options, volume to wake toggle, custom carrier text, facebook sync, Eclipse settings and much more!

Grab this Rom port here!

Last edited:

B-Unit

Reaction score
:blink: Everything Im reading says this is 2.3.6 based.

kwyrt

Reaction score
:blink: Everything Im reading says this is 2.3.6 based.

You are correct. The article is wrong about what Android version the ROM is using. I am running it right now. It is built off of 2.3.6. Really slick ROM though. Have not had any issues with it at all.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You guys are right it is "built" on top of 2.3.6, it is based on 4.0.4

In other words this is an ICS rom with ICS features.. its not a gingerbread rom.

Last edited:

kwyrt

Reaction score
You guys are right it is "built" on top of 2.3.6, it is based on 4.0.4

In other words this is an ICS rom with ICS features.. its not a gingerbread rom.

I think the ROM that myfishbear ported is not the same ROM you are thinking it is. Maybe an older version? For instance, the pics shown in the article show the ICS settings menu but I'm running the ROM now and my settings menu is still the GB setting menu. Same with the app drawer.