[ROM] AOKP JB MR 1.1 For RAZR, Droid4, Droid3 and Bionic Released! Feat KEXEC!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
9u1szm3.png

Motorola loves to lock down their devices tight! This makes developing Roms and Mods for their devices a difficult task, but that isn't keeping developers "Dhacker29" or "Hashcode" away from these devices. In fact they have just released their build of AOKP JB MR1.1 to several devices. Those devices include the Droid RAZR, Droid4, Droid3, and the trusty Droid Bionic. The latest release is KEXEC based so you will be able to flash this over any stock system! Hashcode and Dhacker have worked together to get the KEXEC working nicely. You will need to install this using SafeStrap 3.11 or higher. If you are not familiar with SafeStrap you can check out Hashcode's How To SafeStrap Post.

AOKP is a great rom and it is great to see it on these devices. Android Open Kang Project is based on Android 4.2.2 and includes Rom Control which is filled with enough customization options to keep you busy customizing your device for at least an hour. You get options like custom carrier logo, battery, clock, nav bar options, lockscreen options, power menu settings, new navigation ring settings, quick settings tiles options, and more! Not to mention this is a buttery smooth Rom with tons of tweaks for performance and improved battery life. Check out the source links below for the downloads.

AOKP for Droid RAZR
AOKP for Droid4
AOKP for Droid3
AOKP for Droid Bionic

Soccerref12

Reaction score
Looooove AOKP!!!!!

WooHoo! I've been waiting for AOKP ROM where everything works! Is this it? Downloading now and will definitely give it a go.

TheAx78

Reaction score
So far it is awesome! And I haven't even scratched the surface of the customization menus yet. I am missing my Swype, but the default is OK. Not quite as smooth as Swype, but I am getting used to it. I had a problem with my WiFi, but figured out it was the settings on my router, and not the phone. I will play with it more once I get the kids in bed.

TheAx78

Reaction score
So, this may not be the best place for this question, but some of the color changing options under the ROM control, aren't changing color. It's not a big deal, but I found it odd that some colors changed and others did not.

Omnipharious

Reaction score
I've tested the ROM out for the past 36 hours on my 2 Droid 4's. The only bugs I noticed are:

1. While trying to unlock the screen lock, after the screen was sleep (black), the screen continually flashed on and off. Preventing me from unlocking the screen. So, I always had to slide open the internal physical keyboard. This forced the screen to stay on and allowed me to unlock the screen lock.

2. While driving, I sometimes use the speakerphone so that I don't have hold the phone while driving. But, the speakerphone doesn't work on incoming or outgoing calls. So, I use my bluetooth earpiece, which works perfectly. Everything else works fine:)

Suuperflie

Reaction score
If anyone is running this on Bionic I'd like to know what doesn't work.

jsan2727

Reaction score
I tried this on my bionic, i had a similar problem as described above. After running it about four hours it would not wake up. At first i thought the battery died, this was not the case i had to do a battery pull to reset. So im back to Icarus for now.