Problem with Z4root after update:

Pilot145

Reaction score
My X thinks its rooted, but root permissions are not granted after update.

I try to re-run z4-root and I get to the "acquiring shell" part, and then z4root just closes, but it won't let me reopen it. It looks like it's sort of caught between the two states. I've tried unrooting, permenant root, etc.

I have an app that requires root to work (it disables magnetic triggers so my holster won't trigger dock mode), and though the app says it believes the phone is rooted, it won't let me load the feature.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling z4root, battery pull, etc.

Anyone else having problem with z4root after the X's update? I had no problem with it prior to the update.

jimbach13

Reaction score
My X thinks its rooted, but root permissions are not granted after update.

I try to re-run z4-root and I get to the "acquiring shell" part, and then z4root just closes, but it won't let me reopen it. It looks like it's sort of caught between the two states. I've tried unrooting, permenant root, etc.

I have an app that requires root to work (it disables magnetic triggers so my holster won't trigger dock mode), and though the app says it believes the phone is rooted, it won't let me load the feature.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling z4root, battery pull, etc.

Anyone else having problem with z4root after the X's update? I had no problem with it prior to the update.

having the same problem here on my droid 2. I also tryied resetting the phone, but notice the superuser is still here. Anyone now of a way to fix this?? I miss my wireless tether!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you want z4 to work put your phone in airplane mode then run it. Otherwise, just download Droid 3 One Click Root.

jimbach13

Reaction score
If you want z4 to work put your phone in airplane mode then run it. Otherwise, just download Droid 3 One Click Root.

Ok, thanks! Should I sbf the phone first, or will one click root work even if the phone has been previously rooted?

Thanks again!

jimbach13

Reaction score
I am doing an sbf now. How long does it usually take? I followed the video you posted, and the process was easy. I am now waiting for my phone to reboot itself. It seems stuck on the start of screen ( flashing red eye) for a few minutes. Is that usual?

Thanks again!

tonyskidoo

Reaction score
Any other ideas how to ROOT my Droid 2? I have tried all kinds of ways other posters have said to try and the last I tried was AIRPLANE MODE and it didnt work either. I am going to download Droid 3 and see if that does it but just in case any help would be great.:frown: