D2G reboots often when rooted (z4root)

erickardus

Reaction score
Hi guys, my d2g reboots itself randomly I tried several things, and I realized that the issue appears when I root my phone using z4root, these are my specs.
z4root v1.3
Android 2.2
Sytem Version 2.4.330.A956.Verizon.en.US
2.6.32.9-g9e2c63d

i tried many things to notice the problem is actually rooting it. When rooted, it reboots as often as once or twice a day, when I removed root I spent 7 days without a reboot.
I'm not sure if this is due to z4root or just being root, people told me that I should take it back to get a replacement ( I still have 14 days to do that), but I'm not sure to ask for a replacement when my phone works flawless when unrooted. Have this happened to any of you guys?
I don't want to get a replacement if I will have the same issue with the replaced phone.
I haven't tried temporary rooting to do my deeds though, rooting for me is practically a must (to remove bloatware, use titanium backup pro, root explorer, setcpu, etc) without it I like the phone, but I ain't no power user :(
Please help!!

bjordan555

Reaction score
Confirmed problem on phone with equal specs

I can confirm the above problem. On my original phone, I had the problem, then did a factory reset, setup the phone and waited 3 days to see if rebooting continued. It did not. Then I ONLY loaded z4root (as well as a few other tests). The rebooting problem appeared again. I replaced the hardware, and repeated the above steps. Same issue.

If this has not already been resolved elsewhere, I think the next step is to dig into the z4root package and see what files are modified, added, or replaced during the rooting process, and checking the system logs to see if there are any indications of the symptoms prior to reboot. Verbose logging may have to be enabled somehow.

My symptoms prior to reboot seem to be: The display has gone to sleep, and I press the power button to bring it back up, then slide to unlock, and BAM!, reboot.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Past experience with z4root have been suspect. If you did not wipe prior to the install you will have issues

bjordan555

Reaction score
Good point. I did a full wipe during my tests. Do you have the link to any posts about this?

I've installed OSMonitor to view and export the logs. I'll post relevant results here.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good point. I did a full wipe during my tests. Do you have the link to any posts about this?

I've installed OSMonitor to view and export the logs. I'll post relevant results here.

I do not! If memory is correct there were several in the RS section.