problem with clockwork mod

driodman

Reaction score
when i got into recovery to make a backup it says file signature can not be found and the recovery i go into is not clockwork it looks like the stock one and i am rooted i just dont know whats going on please help total newbie at this stuff.
thanks

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Didi you get this fixed? what setup are you currently running? were you using the modded clockwork or regular clockwork mod recovery? are you trying to boot into recovery manually?
what method did you use to root? what method did you use to install clockwork mod recovery?

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
when i got into recovery to make a backup it says file signature can not be found and the recovery i go into is not clockwork it looks like the stock one and i am rooted i just dont know whats going on please help total newbie at this stuff.
thanks

Go into rom manager and flash cw recovery 3 times in a row. Sometimes it doesn't stick the first time. If you still don't get cw on reboot (manually) flash sprecovery from rom manager, then try flashing clockwork 3 times and see if that works.

Sent from my Droid running whatever ROM and Kernel I chose to use today...

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
thanks

Go into rom manager and flash cw recovery 3 times in a row. Sometimes it doesn't stick the first time. If you still don't get cw on reboot (manually) flash sprecovery from rom manager, then try flashing clockwork 3 times and see if that works.

This will not work on the Fascinate...you have to install CWR through ODIN...just look in the fascinate forums here for links and detailed instruction...I posted sum in the Fascinate Happiness thread earlier for some1

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
thanks

This will not work on the Fascinate...you have to install CWR through ODIN...just look in the fascinate forums here for links and detailed instruction...I posted sum in the Fascinate Happiness thread earlier for some1

Woops, sorry... i didn't realize you were using the Fascinate.

My bad...

Good luck!

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

Woops, sorry... i didn't realize you were using the Fascinate.

My bad...

Good luck!

Its all good...it happens...

Heres the ODIN CWR instructions....

Here's ODIN: http://adrynalyne.us/files/odin/Odin3v1.3.exe or Odin Restore files to get you to stock - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=782204)

Here's CWM R: http://goo.gl/HELdr

1. Download ODIN
2. Put device in "Download Mode" and connect
- Take out battery
- Hold volume down button and plug device into computer.(you will see it go to download mode)
3.. Start ODIN(when it opens there should be a yellow COM port acknowledging your phone)
4.. Put CWMRecovery.tar in PDA section(never use Phone section) click start
5. When it says reset and your phone screen goes black, unplug it and put in batt and cover and reboot
6. Enjoy!

I cant remember if the ODIN CWR package put an update.zip on your sd card automatically or not, in other words if for some reason you cant get into CWR from say Rom Manager or by manually booting into recovery and applying update.zip here is the update.zip, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Fascinate%20Files/update.zip , you may not need it but here it is if u do......just download, make sure its named update.zip and drop it on the root of your sd card...good to go...