Problem w/ cox e-mails?

RayR

Reaction score
Finally Success

I have a Droid X with the following settings that allow me to send and receive my COX email:

General Settings
Account name: COX
Email address: Entire address- [email protected]

Incoming Server
Server: pop.west.cox.net
Port: 110
Username: name only, WITHOUT @cox.net
"Use secure connection" and "Verify Certificate" are NOT checked

Outgoing Server
Server: smtp.west.cox.net
Port: 587
Username: Entire address- [email protected]
"Use secure connection" and "Verify Certificate" are NOT checked

I read on the Cox site that Android phones need to use a secure connection to access email. Not the case on my Droid x. Hope this helps!

Thank you for this detailed lay out. I have been trying all day to get my Droid X to send/ receive email. I used every post I could find. Tried every combination. I got incoming but no outgoing. then visa versa. I just kept re doing it and eventually it worked. I suggest perseverance. The only thing I have not seen mentioned anywhere is this: On my phone there are these additional settings.
Incoming Server
Advanced Settings:
Use secure password (TLS) Set to AUTO

Authentication : set to Password

Outgoing Server:
Advanced Settings:
Use secure password (TLS) set to AUTO

Authentication: set to AUTO
For the past year I have used outgoing gmail server settings because I gave up trying to get cox to work. Your settings here worked... had to try again today because Verizon suggested I reset my phone to Factory due to a major glitch in Gmail. Verizon ALWAYS says to reset your phone to Factory to fix anything. It turns out GOOGLE had messed up a Gmail update and the phone was fine.

At least I now finally have it working properly thanks to your help! Much Appreciated post! (btw, I changed west to east because I am in VA.)