E-Mail problems - making me CRAZY!

jrich11

Reaction score
I have had the X for about a week and a half now. I currently have 3 e-mail addresses set up on it - 1) my personal Yahoo e-mail, 2) a group Gmail account (when I purchased I "had" to sign in using a gmail account and this was the only one I could remember the password for), and a personal Gmail account that I don't even use but have, mainly since Google is buying everything up and requiring you to use THEIR e-mail service. But I digress...

I have these 3 e-mail accounts set up on the phone. I can receive e-mails to all of them (even though I have to use the "refresh" feature instead of them automatically hitting my inbox like they did with my Blackberry) but I can NOT send an e-mail, PERIOD! I have tried with on of the Gmail accounts and the Yahoo account, and e-mails WILL NOT SEND! What is strange is that for a few days after getting the phone, I could send e-mails from the Yahoo account and they went through. Now, when I send them, they show up in the Outbox and never go anywhere, nor do I have the option to resend or move or ANYTHING except delete....well duh, why would I want to delete if they never went through?!?!?!?!

I am really at my wits' end with this. I've done everything I can think to do. I've searched for people having the same problems and tried the suggestions people have given them. I have deleted the "Account" on the phone and re-activated it, to no avail. This is making me crazy and I don't know what to do! Some posts have said to download K-9, but as one person put it, why should I have to download a third party app to perform a function that should be working properly with preinstalled software???? Any help at all would be appreciated...this is making me insane! Let me know if I need to provide more details, too.

carguy

Reaction score
Gmail & MailDroid for me now. No problems :D

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jsw6380a

Reaction score
I understand what you are going through.. If android has one flaw it is its email capabilities. Unfortunately I will tell you to switch to Maildroid.. This is by far the best mail client IMO. I have had number people ask me this on my site and that is where I point them. Try maildroid out and see if that helps. Sorry I don't have a fix for the stock email client.. It seems very spotty and unreliable to me.