E-mail delivery has become unreliable

bilglas

Reaction score
I've been using this Droid X for many months. I've got six different e-mail addresses set up, through two different ISPs. I've always gotten e-mails on all accounts in a fairly timely fashion.

In the last couple of weeks, that isn't so. I'll go for several hours without receiving my e-mails, and then suddenly, the dam bursts, and ALL the e-mails I've received over the last several hours will come pouring in.

No settings have changed. Any idea what could be causing this, and how I can fix it? I'd sure be grateful if somebody could help me.

Incidentally, when I'm using Outlook, I can do a manual Send/Receive ... any way to do that on the Droid?

Graymayre

Reaction score
Pressing the menu button and tapping Refresh

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
B

bilglas

Reaction score
Nope ... that ain't it

When I press my Menu button, there IS no "Refresh" option. (All I get are Wallpaper, Search, Notifications, and Settings ... with Add, grayed out.)

So ... back to the original question ... anybody? Please?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I get my mail via gmail and touchdown before my PC gets it.....

Did you install anything about the time this started to happen?

OP
B

bilglas

Reaction score
No, I haven't installed anything lately. I don't use gmail. I don't even know what touchdown is. Also, I'm kinda new here, so if this comment is inappropriate, I apologize ahead of time — but shouldn't we stick to matters concerning the Droid, without foisting our political opinions on people? This isn't the place for that. There are few people on earth more ANTI-GUN than I am, but I don't feel like getting into it, here, any more than I'd ask Droid questions in a political forum. Just saying.....

Graymayre

Reaction score
When I press my Menu button, there IS no "Refresh" option. (All I get are Wallpaper, Search, Notifications, and Settings ... with Add, grayed out.)

So ... back to the original question ... anybody? Please?

I meant whilst in the mail app

Graymayre

Reaction score
Also additional accounts do not automatically set up for auto retrieval. D'oh le check, go into settings and Accounts& sync and make sure that the options are enable for the accounts in question.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No, I haven't installed anything lately. I don't use gmail. I don't even know what touchdown is. Also, I'm kinda new here, so if this comment is inappropriate, I apologize ahead of time — but shouldn't we stick to matters concerning the Droid, without foisting our political opinions on people? This isn't the place for that. There are few people on earth more ANTI-GUN than I am, but I don't feel like getting into it, here, any more than I'd ask Droid questions in a political forum. Just saying.....

I'll let others help you. Goodluck.

morcguy

Reaction score
I've had this mail issue occur a couple times. Try a battery pull.