pro stuck in bootloop

blarsen1620

Reaction score
So rooted using z4root just fine but after I completing the deodexing process, my pro is stuck in a bootloop :p this is the second pro iv tried this on and the first one worked fine so pretty sure i followed all the steps correctly again. iv read up on similar devices and solutions for them, but will they work? if they would them im having trouble finding a sbf file for the pro to load using RSD (i think that's how I would do that) but then what about getting into bootloader mode? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Oh and device is stock, no software removed, only thing done was the root and a couple of downloaded apps

BubbaRob

Reaction score
So rooted using z4root just fine but after I completing the deodexing process, my pro is stuck in a bootloop :p this is the second pro iv tried this on and the first one worked fine so pretty sure i followed all the steps correctly again. iv read up on similar devices and solutions for them, but will they work? if they would them im having trouble finding a sbf file for the pro to load using RSD (i think that's how I would do that) but then what about getting into bootloader mode? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Oh and device is stock, no software removed, only thing done was the root and a couple of downloaded apps

I am also rooted but not deodexed. I just uninstalled some system apps like Amazon and Skype etc.. I have been searching for an SBF myself without luck so far. If I find one, I will let you know and I would think you could fix it up with RSDlite. I was very good at rooting and flashing ROMs on my Droid but so far, there isn't much out there for the Pro considering its so new.

Hope you get it worked out. Keep us posted.

Veni

Reaction score
I think ill wait for a simple 1 click rooter.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

bwhite757

Reaction score
z4root is basically a 1 click rooter.. As long as you don't want to deodex you should be fine... There's just no stock images of the pro out there right now to restore in the event of a mishap...

rafeee2

Reaction score
z4root is basically a 1 click rooter.. As long as you don't want to deodex you should be fine... There's just no stock images of the pro out there right now to restore in the event of a mishap...

I had the impression that anyone with a rooted phone can dump their firmware to a file using some tool, no?

mustahaque

Reaction score
I might be getting a the SBF file from a source, but how can i enter the bootloader mode on the droid pro?
if i get the SBF and have it working, i'll share it with you all.
thanks in advance