PRICE DROP to $149 on Galaxy Nexus!

jefbystereo

Reaction score
So I just went to verizons site and it looks like they only have 3 tiers for texting plans now, pay per text, $10, and unlimited. So if you dont have any of these, it seems you cant go through a 3rd party retailer without changing to one.

davidckivi

Reaction score
I read some people received shipping notifications on their Amazon orders. Have you guys heard back yet?

baldybill

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Over 2 years that extra $5 a month (for the $10 plan) would equal $120 so Im not sure its really worth it since I only use about 100 messages per month. This might need a little more research.

I'm with you there. Trying to research the same thing. Let us know what you come up with.
I'm even trying to see if there's productive ways to use more texts a month to justify the increase.

At the onset, it's a savings of $70 over VZW, which translates to 14 months of the cost diff. between the $5 plan the the $10 plan. But after that...

dasfxt

Reaction score
I orderedfrom letstalk and was not able to keep my unlimited text plan.. But I called 611 to verizon and asked them to change it back.. Now everything is back to before but with me waiting for the GN.....argh

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

DHO

Reaction score
Wow save $100 bucks from VZW.....

I'm happy though had mine pre-ordered for 299 for weeks, and store had it waiting on release day.

vicky1377

Reaction score
I ordered mine from amazon for 149 and $100 in gift card for buying any hotspot ready phone. You just have to activate $69 hotspot plan on activation day and you can.cancel next day. Thats what they told me. Technically gnex for 50 bucks you can't beat that. Letstalk ia piece of sh***. They don't let you change plans and seems very shady though. My phone will be there at home by the time i get home from vacation. Super excited to dump att and move to Verizon. Can't wait:)

Executioner

Reaction score
Amazon isn't giving me the option to keep my current $5/mo text message plan. I either have to pay per text or do the $10/mo plan.

Would I be able to sign up for pay-per-text initially and then switch it to $5/mo (via Verizon's site) once I get the phone?

Interesting... I checked out with no changes on my plan. 450 minute voice ($39) and unlimited data. Never was asked to update text plan. Still showing the $5 plan online on my account. This was the same case in October when I activated the Boinic from Amazon (ended up returning). You should be able to keep it based on my experiences...

slyestwun10

Reaction score
I ordered mine from amazon for 149 and $100 in gift card for buying any hotspot ready phone. You just have to activate $69 hotspot plan on activation day and you can.cancel next day. Thats what they told me. Technically gnex for 50 bucks you can't beat that. Letstalk ia piece of sh***. They don't let you change plans and seems very shady though. My phone will be there at home by the time i get home from vacation. Super excited to dump att and move to Verizon. Can't wait:)

So do you get a refund on the 69 dollars , no penalties for cancellation ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Bobcat13

Reaction score
Best Buy price matched the $199.99 price for our primary line last night. Looked it up in the store and matched the price.

hhgreg price matched Amazon for me last night as well. Went in and asked if they would price match the Amazon deal for $199, he looked it up on-line and got his managers approval. So I was able to get the Amazon deal without the wait!

vicky1377

Reaction score
They told me i can change plan the next day. All they care is that you activated that plan the day of activation and next day you van drop it to 30 bucks data plan or whatever you prefer. Double data 4gb is way way more than i will ever use.