[Prerequisite to Rooting] Android SDK Installer - v3.0 for Windows

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
WOOT! This installer is a gift from almighty God to those of you having problems setting up your SDK. INCLUDING YOU PPL WITH WINDOWS 7 64-BIT!!! This installs your sdk, java, adb, sets up your path - EVERYTHING!! Developed and released by Andrew8806 over at xda :icon_ banana: [Prerequisite to Rooting] Android SDK Installer - v3.0 for Windows - xda-developers

**Microsoft Windows ONLY* *THIS WILL ONLY WORK WITH HTC PHONES!!!!!*

This installer is for new people looking to root their HTC Thunderbolt (not sure on other HTC devices but should work.) I compiled an SDK installer that installs all the necessary files to the directory of your choice (default C:\sdk) to your PC. This installer also includes HTC Sync for the Drivers as well as Java if you do not already have Java installed.

So if you're new to Android and want the tools to root, this might be the place to start before making that big step.

**If you have problems with it installing, try right clicking and running as administrator

Android SDK Installer - v3.0

*This is a pretty good size file but remember it also includes HTC Sync and Java within the installer.

*You cannot download Java and HTC Sync at the same time, so be patient.

*If you do not want to install HTC Sync but want the driver allow it to install them and then cancel out when asking to install HTC Sync.

*If you already have Java you can cancel out of the Java Installer.

**Download might take longer depending on your Internet Connection.

Please let me know what you think below.

Thanks!

Changelog:
v3.0 - Maintenance Update
v2.0 - Fixed Directory Issues
v1.0 - Initial Release

Also, here is a great tutorial brought to you by Captainkrtek.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9959449

The only difference in the tutorials is the path.

The path for adb with this installer will be: C:\sdk\platform-tools

*Big thanks to CoolSilver for helping me test this out

:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid
install and go thank Andrew for a job well done!!!:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

Last edited:

hogowner

Reaction score
WOOT! This installer is a gift from almighty God to those of you having problems setting up your SDK. INCLUDING YOU PPL WITH WINDOWS 7 64-BIT!!! This installs your sdk, java, adb, sets up your path - EVERYTHING!! Developed and released by Andrew8806 over at xda :icon_ banana: [Prerequisite to Rooting] Android SDK Installer - v3.0 for Windows - xda-developers

**Microsoft Windows ONLY* *THIS WILL ONLY WORK WITH HTC PHONES!!!!!*

This installer is for new people looking to root their HTC Thunderbolt (not sure on other HTC devices but should work.) I compiled an SDK installer that installs all the necessary files to the directory of your choice (default C:\sdk) to your PC. This installer also includes HTC Sync for the Drivers as well as Java if you do not already have Java installed.

So if you're new to Android and want the tools to root, this might be the place to start before making that big step.

**If you have problems with it installing, try right clicking and running as administrator

Android SDK Installer with HTC Sync and Java v3.0 - 117 MB

*This is a pretty good size file but remember it also includes HTC Sync and Java within the installer.

*You cannot download Java and HTC Sync at the same time, so be patient.

*If you do not want to install HTC Sync but want the driver allow it to install them and then cancel out when asking to install HTC Sync.

*If you already have Java you can cancel out of the Java Installer.

**Download might take longer depending on your Internet Connection.

Please let me know what you think below.

Thanks!

Changelog:
v3.0 - Maintenance Update
v2.0 - Fixed Directory Issues
v1.0 - Initial Release

Also, here is a great tutorial brought to you by Captainkrtek.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=9959449

The only difference in the tutorials is the path.

The path for adb with this installer will be: C:\sdk\platform-tools

*Big thanks to CoolSilver for helping me test this out

:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid
You can dl this at xda, install and go thank him for a job well done!!!:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

is it just me??? your link takes me to page not found message

S

scrub175

Downloading now. thank you. If I donate will you get your nails done in red and sned me some pix PLZ...

_33

Reaction score
I'm getting "This file contains invalid data"

I can't get anything to install on this POS laptop. Nothing...

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
C:\sdk

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App