Pre-order experience and DX size

MWM

Reaction score
Hello everybody - newbie here! We ordered 2 DX's at Best Buy last night. The sales guy seemed to know his stuff and the process was simple and fast. He couldn't say how many phones he was expecting on the 15th, but did say they received 15 iphone4's by way of comparison. We are # 12 and 13 at our store. He said he would call us as soon as he got the phones to let us know if we are in the first batch and to make an appointment to pick it up so we don't have to line up early on 7/15 and possibly be disappointed.

When I asked him if he might have a prelease phone he could show us, he unlocked a cabinet and pulled out a non-working model (not sure what the right name is for this - some type of demo). It was absolutely beautiful and although large, was in no way overwhelming. The phone fit easily into my wife's purse and also her pants pocket. In was very comfortable in my hand and I am an average size guy.

I've been lurking here for quite a while since my son got an Eris and I began figuring out what I wanted to do. I have read hundreds if not thousands of very helpful and informative posts and just wanted say thanks to everybody for their contributions in this forum. MWM

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Read the fine print on you paperwork. The pre-order does not guarantee you a device on launch day...

But Welcome to the Club.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome! be sure to sign up at the droid x forum as well.. link in my sig

OP
M

MWM

Reaction score
understood - knew that from the dialogue here. Also, the sales guy at BB was very upfront about that. I think our chances are good for 7/15, but if we have to wait for the next batch, it isn't a big deal.

karmajay

Reaction score
Did you get a deal? Most of the corporate stores are acting like they will get more then 15 or so. I don't work there or BB so not sure.

OP
M

MWM

Reaction score
Did you get a deal? Most of the corporate stores are acting like they will get more then 15 or so. I don't work there or BB so not sure.
We had coupons for 500 reward points when you buy an X ($10 each, I think) and the sales guy said we could apply them to to purchase (instead of waiting and using them for something else), which will be the standard upgrade price of $200 with no rebate to submit. So nothing really special about it. I think they were being careful about the expected stock they are getting and just wanted to make sure they didn't overcommit.

Jde2466

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
We have 4 corporate Verizon stores. I went in last week to cancel my Incredible order so that I can get the X. The rep at the store I went to said they would be getting 107 X's for just that store. I can't make it in as soon as they open (9am) so he is going to hold one for me.