Just Pre-Ordered Droid X

macatk89

Reaction score
Hey guys, as the title says I just pre-ordered a Droid X. I've had a Moto Q for the past 2 years... I might have enjoyed it the first week, but since then it's been a completely miserable experience so I'm very excited to be moving on.

I am currently using an LG Ally until the 15th (pretty cool). My Q went swimming with me on the 4th so instead of just replacing it under the insurance, my verizon store rep loaned me this. I must say that I am enjoying Android thus far and absolutely can not wait for my DX!

dancedroid

BOA

Reaction score
Where at Best Buy or the Verizon rep did it for you?

OP
M

macatk89

Reaction score
huh? I don't know exactly what you are asking...

I went to my local Verizon Store (not best buy) to get my Moto Q replaced under the insurance. I was talking to the Verizon rep and said I couldn't wait until the 15th to get a Droid X, he told me they had a pre-order list and said that if I wanted to pay a $100 deposit he would hold one for me on launch day. Then he said since i needed a phone asap, he would sell me something that I could just bring back and have credited toward my DX (as long as I took really good care of the loaner). So I bought a $150 LG Ally, he put me on the pre-order list using the $150 as a "deposit", and I just return the Ally on the 15th and pay the difference for the Droid X.

Hopefully that answers your question.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sounds like a store idea....surly not corp backed.

OP
M

macatk89

Reaction score
Oh no... I don't think the pre-order is even corporate backed, much less unpacking a new phone to use as a loaner. They're just taking deposits and holding phones for the people that have paid already. Supposedly each store can specify how many phones they need, so they're taking deposits until the 9th and then ordering at least that many phones and you're guaranteed a phone if you made a deposit.