Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Contacted them to cancel. We'll see what they say. Like I said, I'm not looking for high end or to spend a lot, but I don't wanna overpay for lower end either...
Those speakers can be found for around 25 a pair pretty easy. I think if you shop around you can get much nicer for the $140. Or if you just want to replace them with something a little better than stock those pioneers are a great option.

Note 4Tified

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Those speakers can be found for around 25 a pair pretty easy. I think if you shop around you can get much nicer for the $140. Or if you just want to replace them with something a little better than stock those pioneers are a great option.

Note 4Tified
Guess we'll see if they cancel my order or not and go from there...

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Where do these rank compared to the ones I linked up there? Because I could pick these up at my local store according to the website (if they cancel my ebay order). Pioneer TS-675M 6.5 3-Way Speaker Pair - Walmart.com
Those are much better as they are a 3 way speakers (little more range)

If these are available I'd check these out.

Walmart Pioneer Ts-a1685r 6.5 4-Way Speakers

Only issue with either is how much of the tweeter sticks out from the cone. I remember once in a while having a small issue with them rubbing on the door trim panel. If I recall there is plenty of actual mounting depth in those.

Note 4Tified

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Those are much better as they are a 3 way speakers (little more range)

If these are available I'd check these out.

Walmart Pioneer Ts-a1685r 6.5 4-Way Speakers

Only issue with either is how much of the tweeter sticks out from the cone. I remember once in a while having a small issue with them rubbing on the door trim panel. If I recall there is plenty of actual mounting depth in those.

Note 4Tified
Nope. 4-ways aren't available in my area. Could pick them up in about a week, but I'd rather install this week or weekend and be set for a bit.

I think I'll go get those 3-ways if/when they cancel my ebay order.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Nope. 4-ways aren't available in my area. Could pick them up in about a week, but I'd rather install this week or weekend and be set for a bit.

I think I'll go get those 3-ways if/when they cancel my ebay order.
That's a good deal on those. I just wanted to make sure you didn't miss the 4 ways if they were available. You should be able to run the part number on pioneers site and see if they come with the mount you need. If not Amazon has them pretty cheap.

Note 4Tified

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's a good deal on those. I just wanted to make sure you didn't miss the 4 ways if they were available. You should be able to run the part number on pioneers site and see if they come with the mount you need. If not Amazon has them pretty cheap.

Note 4Tified
Yeah. I filtered by store and those were pretty much the best ones that my store said they had in stock. Funny story though, Pioneer's site doesn't bring anything up with this model number.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Yeah. I filtered by store and those were pretty much the best ones that my store said they had in stock. Funny story though, Pioneer's site doesn't bring anything up with this model number.
They may tweak the number a bit for wal mart or they are last year's model and pioneer doesn't show them. It really seems to me that they came with the ring you needed to mount them. Worst case is you just mount them with a couple self tapers

Note 4Tified

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
They may tweak the number a bit for wal mart or they are last year's model and pioneer doesn't show them. It really seems to me that they came with the ring you needed to mount them. Worst case is you just mount them with a couple self tapers

Note 4Tified
I'm tempted to just go pick them up after work anyway. There's a return policy on the ebay listing, so even if they refuse to cancel, I could probably return them. If not, I'll put them back on ebay myself. Then, I can have my tunes played the right way sooner. ;)

Sad thing is, I just had my driver's door torn apart yesterday after work to fix the power window, so if I would've been smart about my planning, I would've made this decision yesterday. Of course, I didn't know until I got in there that it was just a wire that had been patched that came un-patched again. I was expecting to have to spend more than what it cost to pick up some butt connectors to fix it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So... Uh... Why would my stereo stay on after clipping the clip off the factory speaker & twisting the wires onto the speaker wires to test the speaker...?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Think I fixed it. Truck must not have registered that I turned the key off after testing the new speaker. The stereo kept running after I took the key out. I just ejected the stereo faceplate & turned the key back on for a minute, then off. The power window on the passenger side still worked, so I opened & shut that door & it stopped working. Snapped the faceplate back on & the stereo didn't come back on like before.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Excellent. Thanks again for the help Miller! Both new speakers are in. Ended up having to install them with self tappers & some double sided cushion tape, but they're sounding great.

Now that I can roll my driver side window down too, I've noticed I tend to crank the volume more, so this couldn't have come at a better time. Breathed some new life into my rusty old truck the past couple of days & didn't break the bank. The truck itself is new to me, but I got a killer deal on it with a working plow & brand new tires.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Excellent. Thanks again for the help Miller! Both new speakers are in. Ended up having to install them with self tappers & some double sided cushion tape, but they're sounding great.

Now that I can roll my driver side window down too, I've noticed I tend to crank the volume more, so this couldn't have come at a better time. Breathed some new life into my rusty old truck the past couple of days & didn't break the bank. The truck itself is new to me, but I got a killer deal on it with a working plow & brand new tires.
Glad to help!

VIA SONY BETA MAX