Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
The line out converter makes sense. I haven't come across anything in my searches that suggested using that. My thing about getting a powered sub was they don't take up much room. So if I can get a sub in my truck without taking up too much room then I'm happy. Any suggestion on some good LOC's & amps?
Depends on how much you want to spend. I've been a HUGE fan of AudioControl since day one but you will pay a little more but it is absolutely worth it for the quality.

Note 4Tified

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
While we've got you here, Pioneer, Kenwood, or JVC for speakers in my truck? The ones in the driver side are dead and the right side crackles a bit. I'm not looking to spend too much, but would like to at least have working speakers. I've found sets on ebay for each of those 3 brands at what I consider a reasonable price that say they fit my 2000 Sierra, but if you have an opinion on sound quality on any of them, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
While we've got you here, Pioneer, Kenwood, or JVC for speakers in my truck? The ones in the driver side are dead and the right side crackles a bit. I'm not looking to spend too much, but would like to at least have working speakers. I've found sets on ebay for each of those 3 brands at what I consider a reasonable price that say they fit my 2000 Sierra, but if you have an opinion on sound quality on any of them, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Depends on the series/model/size of each. Depending on the year you're either looking at like a 4x6 or 6.5. I know the Tahoe and Yukon had a 4x10 in the back and it seems some of the Sierra did also.

I've always been a fan of Kenwood but pioneer has really started to hold their own.

In that bracket those 3 are all so comparible it's really tough to say which is better. What price range are you looking at? There are some GREAT other brands out there that may be just a little more but the quality is much much better.

Note 4Tified

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
6.5 in the front. The back ones sound alright, so I'm not going to worry about them right away.

I'm looking at either replacing both the woofer and tweeter in just the Driver door for around $60 on ebay (or both doors for $120) once I decide if I really need to do the passenger side. I think I'm going to go ahead and do both though, just so I know I'm setup nice in at least the front.

It doesn't sound HORRIBLE by any means right now, but that was my one last real complaint about this truck and then I should be happy as a clam.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I see Amazon has JBL or Polk Audio for around the same price, but (at least the JBL's) without the mounting brackets and harnesses that these ones on ebay have. Not that I couldn't buy them separate or make due, but I'm liking the idea of having everything I need at the same time unless one of these brands is going to sound noticeably better.

EDIT: Also found Rockford Fosgates on Amazon.

Last edited:
OP
CJM

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Depends on how much you want to spend. I've been a HUGE fan of AudioControl since day one but you will pay a little more but it is absolutely worth it for the quality.

Note 4Tified
I don't plan on spending more than $300. I found one of their LOC's for about $70. But their amps are priced too high for me. I'd like to have a 200 watt amp and an 8 or 10 inch sub. Do you have any other preferences on other amps?

Tapped from a Nexus 6

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I don't plan on spending more than $300. I found one of their LOC's for about $70. But their amps are priced too high for me. I'd like to have a 200 watt amp and an 8 or 10 inch sub. Do you have any other preferences on other amps?

Tapped from a Nexus 6
Sorry the AudioControl was for the LOC.

Note 4Tified

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
6.5 in the front. The back ones sound alright, so I'm not going to worry about them right away.

I'm looking at either replacing both the woofer and tweeter in just the Driver door for around $60 on ebay (or both doors for $120) once I decide if I really need to do the passenger side. I think I'm going to go ahead and do both though, just so I know I'm setup nice in at least the front.

It doesn't sound HORRIBLE by any means right now, but that was my one last real complaint about this truck and then I should be happy as a clam.
I'm a JBL fan. I've had great great luck with them. Especially with running them at the edge of their limit they always seemed to hold up very well.

Do you have an aftermarket deck? What kind? Those plugs you are referring to can be bought pretty cheap I wouldn't let that be much of a deciding factor.

Polk had a good run for a while but then they took a big dive. After that I just couldn't bring myself to go back to them. JBL has always had a great product at a reasonable price.

Another great great brand to look at is Audiobahn you will NOT be disappointed with those
I see Amazon has JBL or Polk Audio for around the same price, but (at least the JBL's) without the mounting brackets and harnesses that these ones on ebay have. Not that I couldn't buy them separate or make due, but I'm liking the idea of having everything I need at the same time unless one of these brands is going to sound noticeably better.

EDIT: Also found Rockford Fosgates on Amazon.

Note 4Tified

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm a JBL fan. I've had great great luck with them. Especially with running them at the edge of their limit they always seemed to hold up very well.

Do you have an aftermarket deck? What kind? Those plugs you are referring to can be bought pretty cheap I wouldn't let that be much of a deciding factor.

Polk had a good run for a while but then they took a big dive. After that I just couldn't bring myself to go back to them. JBL has always had a great product at a reasonable price.

Another great great brand to look at is Audiobahn you will NOT be disappointed with those

Note 4Tified
I believe my deck is Pioneer. Don't actually know. It was one the wife had in her old Chevy Lumina, so we knew it had the GM wiring harness connector, but more importantly, it's got the aux jack so I can use my bluetooth unit to stream my music since she's got the car with the Sirius/XM subscription now, and all I needed was the sleeve to install it in the dash. I went with this set out of sheer convenience. Pioneer 6 5 Car Truck Stereo Front Rear Door Speakers w Mounting Brackets eBay Get speakers, mounting brackets, and wiring pigtails all together at the same time for both sides in the front. Anything will sound better than the no sound on the driver side and slight crackling sound on the passenger side that I have going on right now.

Thanks for the input!

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I believe my deck is Pioneer. Don't actually know. It was one the wife had in her old Chevy Lumina, so we knew it had the GM wiring harness connector, but more importantly, it's got the aux jack so I can use my bluetooth unit to stream my music since she's got the car with the Sirius/XM subscription now, and all I needed was the sleeve to install it in the dash. I went with this set out of sheer convenience. Pioneer 6 5 Car Truck Stereo Front Rear Door Speakers w Mounting Brackets eBay Get speakers, mounting brackets, and wiring pigtails all together at the same time for both sides in the front. Anything will sound better than the no sound on the driver side and slight crackling sound on the passenger side that I have going on right now.

Thanks for the input!
I just looked those speakers up they are VERY low end pioneers. Basically just the base model.

Amazon.com Pioneer - TS-G1644R - Full Range Car Speakers Vehicle Speakers Car Electronics

Note 4Tified

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
OP
CJM

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I stopped by a local shop. The guy offered to install all the wiring & LOC, didn't say what brand, for $165. He also had some used equipment. He said once the wiring is done I could try his used equipment to see what I liked & then go from there. Either buy his used or new equipment. It's a tempting offer. To be able to try out different setups before buying. But I'd rather save the money and install everything myself.

Tapped from a Nexus 6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Contacted them to cancel. We'll see what they say. Like I said, I'm not looking for high end or to spend a lot, but I don't wanna overpay for lower end either...

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I stopped by a local shop. The guy offered to install all the wiring & LOC, didn't say what brand, for $165. He also had some used equipment. He said once the wiring is done I could try his used equipment to see what I liked & then go from there. Either buy his used or new equipment. It's a tempting offer. To be able to try out different setups before buying. But I'd rather save the money and install everything myself.

Tapped from a Nexus 6
I'd want to know what kind of LOC.

Note 4Tified