Poweramp No Audio on Playback

Dmw017

Reaction score
Poweramp... best app I have. Basically runs from the moment I leave the house to the moment I come back.
One very annoying and reoccurring bug... playback goes silent sometimes If I skip a track. Song keeps playing but there is absolutely no audio (only on app itself, phone plays audio everywhere else).
Quick fix is to use the scroll bar to skip the song and magically the audio comes back (until you hit the skip forward button again) or force close the entire app itself and the bug goes away, for a few hours I'd estimate.
Poweramp doesn't seem to be updating their forum properly and they did not reply to my email either.
Anyone have a permanent fix for this?

edmann

Reaction score
I experienced the same problem. PowerAmp is my music app. I have mainly flac files and it does a super job. Great detail in the music. But the sound disappeared in the car tonight while I'm driving. I switched to another artist and the sound came back. Went back to the orignal music that had cut out and that began to play just fine again. Today I also lost six of the apps on my home screen. I was plugged into my computer , but decided to unplug the USB and finish what I was doing later. Thats when I noticed the missing apps. They were in my app drawer still, but were gone from my home screen. XT862 seems to be a little buggy, I wonder if some of this will be addressed by the OTA?
DROID3, NaKed, ROOTED, bloat_psouza4.zip, 48gb, waiting on the DEvs.:hail:

OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
Im on the leaked ota and it didn't fix the poweramp issue
Also switching to another song once the bug comes up doesn't help. I either have to let a song end by itself and go onto the next one automatically or use the scrollbar to bring the track right to the end before any audio comes back.

Divide by zero, I dare you...

pcriz

Reaction score
Im on the leaked ota and it didn't fix the poweramp issue
Also switching to another song once the bug comes up doesn't help. I either have to let a song end by itself and go onto the next one automatically or use the scrollbar to bring the track right to the end before any audio comes back.

Divide by zero, I dare you...

By any chance is there a place where anyone can pick up the leaked OTA?

pcriz

Reaction score
Thats a weird question to ask.? Have you tried search ? :icon_ banana:

I did in fact search for a link to download the leaked OTA. I guess you can assume the outcome of said search. Not sure whats weird about the inquiry other than being off topic. Solutions or more dancing bananas?

edmann

Reaction score
I did in fact search for a link to download the leaked OTA. I guess you can assume the outcome of said search. Not sure whats weird about the inquiry other than being off topic. Solutions or more dancing bananas?

Sounds redundant. The fact that you did search was not in your request of "a place where anyone can pick up the leaked OTA?" . Hence, my brilliant suggestion. You may have a paint chip on your shoulder your unaware of. Try your search on a PC or select the phone browser if your searching on your phone. Go in peace.

pcriz

Reaction score
Try your search on a PC or select the phone browser if your searching on your phone. Go in peace.
lol wut?

I'm sorry I cannot tell if you are serious or trolling. Here let's make this simple. If you are implying that I cannot use a search engine be it on a computer browser or the browser in my phone (duh) then prove yourself useful and supply a link or even whether or not you found it and are running it at all. Otherwise I will just brush you, and the chip off. You know what they say about assuming.

On another note, experiencing the same issue with Poweramp, let the track run its course and the sound returns but if you go Prev I lose audio again. I have experienced the same problem with my D3. I couldn't imagine the update would fix it unless its related to another problem.

Killing the Poweramp service also fixes it until the next time it happens but that's a hassle.

Wrh23

Reaction score
this may be a dumb question but can someone please tell me how to Kill Poweramp or just close it...it shows that its still running up top of the screen. Thanks in advance