Default Audio Player Skipping

riggsy

Reaction score
The default audio player that came with my Droid 2 Global plays fine except for there is constantly skipping and popping during playback. Does anyone know how to fix that or have some recommendations for a better app?

Nick

moldorm

Reaction score
No skipping but a few pops everyonce in awhile. Wish they would fix it.

Vortec MAX

Reaction score
I am annoyed with this as well. I have a Global too and when I am playing back MP3 files using the built in player, it has a subtle pop or click every 10 seconds or so, similar to the sound made when a CD skips.

Has anyone found joy in solving this issue?

Mike

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you guys tried any of the alternative audio players. I listen constantly and have had great success with MixZing and PowerAmp. These may not solve your problems, but they are a good place to start.

Good luck.

joggy

Reaction score
OP - I posted a similar thread over in the D2G forum. Many there are also reporting this same problem OP posted about (skips & pops).

The thread can be found here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global/118918-d2g-mp3-music-skipping.html

I also emailed Motorola with the same details and posted over in the motorola support forums as well.

I think anyone experiencing this should also drop an entry in this thread -https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/44033 - over there. The more folks who do will help improve the chances of bringing this to Moto's attention.

BayouFlyFisher - I've tried other players as well; MixZing, Mortplayer, Cubed, Doubletwist, and they all exhibit the same problem.

joggy

Reaction score
I have not tried a hard reset, no. Having only had the phone for a week the thought never entered my mind. I have thought of rooting & freezing the bloat though. Wondering if some service running VZW crap might be interfering.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

D

DerrenBrown

Using Softsqueeze to debug sync is pointless as Softsqueeze is known not to sync reliably. Only the hardware players can sync reliably.

To see what is happening I suggest enabling the logging (player.sync) as it will provide hard evidence on why LMS is trying to resync. For sync to work properly you need a good hardware clock on your PC - in the pastr some users have found that this is a cause of problems.

Thanks a lot,
Derren