Power button issues/soft screen off?

stevo95

Reaction score
I went for a bike ride the other day and I believe moisture may have contributed to my power button stopping working on my moto Droid 1 - basically when I press it, I still get a firm response as though it is working but I cannot get the phone to turn off with a long press or the screen to turn on/off with a quick press. Googled this quite a bit and there was a mention of spare parts which I have never installed. I installed it anyway and changed the end button behavior back and forward a few times with no luck.

Does anyone have any tips? Are there any widgets out there to soft switch off your phone or turn the screen off? This doesn't help me switch it on or turn the screen on but at least its a start.

I've had the phone around 14-5 mnths so doubt I will get a warranty repair.

Thank you.

OP
S

stevo95

Reaction score
I went for a bike ride the other day and I believe moisture may have contributed to my power button stopping working on my moto Droid 1 - basically when I press it, I still get a firm response as though it is working but I cannot get the phone to turn off with a long press or the screen to turn on/off with a quick press. Googled this quite a bit and there was a mention of spare parts which I have never installed. I installed it anyway and changed the end button behavior back and forward a few times with no luck.

Does anyone have any tips? Are there any widgets out there to soft switch off your phone or turn the screen off? This doesn't help me switch it on or turn the screen on but at least its a start.

I've had the phone around 14-5 mnths so doubt I will get a warranty repair.

Thank you.

bump bump bump

brando56894

Reaction score
My randomly died on me about 2 or three weeks ago, luckily I still had a month left in my warranty. I forget what widgets I used for power options, theres tons out there look for them. IIRC widget locker also allows you to wake your screen using buttons other than the power button.