Droid Power Button Issue

rgrimm01

Reaction score
I've had this Droid for a few months now and I have insurance on it. I haven't had any major issues with it until now. This morning, before leaving for class I was using my phone and it was working fine. However, when I got to class, after walking through a heavy downpour for about 10-15 minutes, I pressed the power button to turn on the screen but it would not work even though you can clearly hear the power button make a clicking noise. I pressed it a few more times and finally the screen came to life but then it turned off. It did this every couple minutes until the power button stopped working all together. Now, the only way I can currently get the screen to turn on is if I slide out the keyboard but then I have to wait for the screen to turn off on its own. I checked all the settings (even checked the spare parts app which allows you to pick what the power button does. I have it set to "Go to Sleep", which I have always been using since I downloaded the app well over a month ago so that isn't the issue) and nothing seems to have been changed. I haven't downloaded any apps in the past few days so I don't think an app is the reason for all of this. I also checked the red water damage spot to see if the rain somehow affected the phone but nothing has happened to it. Any ideas on what to do or should I just bring it to a Verizon store?