Potentially Big Mistake Removes Wrong Apps From Marketplace

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sad_android_w300.jpg

Google may have just made a pretty big mistake that could leave several developers out in the cold. It seems that Google may have been doing some 'house-cleaning', getting rid of spam and dead apps, and inadvertently included several reputable developers in their cleanup by accident. Several developers are saying their apps have been removed from the marketplace without warning and without reason given.

There is no way to confirm yet whether these apps violated the TOS at all, but at least one of the developers was even a 'featured app' on the Market not long ago. Right now, it's just a mystery, and there's no response yet from Google in the support forums, but we will try to keep you updated when something comes to light.

Source: Phandroid

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
These mistakes come at a time that Google absolutely can't afford to make any.

edbdroid

Reaction score
These mistakes come at a time that Google absolutely can't afford to make any.

Not really. A mistake is correctable and forgiven. Apple's nazi ban hammer is another. It will get resolved and forgotten in no time.

Exactly. That's the difference between a "woops, we screwed up" admission vs a "too bad, we run everything in your life" declaration.

mrksbrd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
mrksbrd
One Dev I know of already Is JRUmmy & his OC script for D2/DX

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just checked..... Gawd dernit! They didn't ban talking Tom cat. I hate you & everything you stand for Tom!

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Lawlz.... ever since the new market it's the first thing I see.