Malware Removed From Market

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

It seems after an OS gets popular, we always find a lot of security threats being developed for them, and apparently Google found 26 of those. After a report by Lookout mobile, Google promptly removed 26 different applications from the market on the counts that it contained “malware.” Well apparently one of those applications was, the recently offered for free, TV Stream application. The developer emailed me earlier, and is working on getting the application back on the market. He was not fully aware as to why his app was taken down, but says he will keep working on it until he can find a way to get it back on the market for you the 5 guys to get their free copies or for everyone else to buy it.

Here is the quote from the email:

HI,
Google has removed “TV Shows Stream” and “Movie Stream” Applications from android Market. (Several other applications have also been removed from android market on the same day 27th May )
The application will continue working as usual and we will continue offering support for all current customers, but we will not be working on new improvements or updates at this moment, so we will not promote the apps.
We have contacted google trying to receive further information and asking them how we could modify the app to avoid further problems in android market.
If the situation changes, we will inform on Facebook.
Regards

[FONT=&quot]Via: Google Removes Malware Apps From Android Market -- InformationWeek[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

HamDog

Reaction score
WOW! What's really scary about this is that this time some good apps that got a lot of hype are now found to be infected. In the past, many people wrote off malware as "you deserve it since you downloaded some software called Japanese Girls Nude etc. etc.". This time it hit the TV Shows app which had gotten lots of praise.

I think part of the reason TV Shows was affected is because I won it for free! If I had won a drawing for a free Motorola Xoom, then they would have caught some terrorist chip implant in all Xoom's and they would all have to be destroyed! It's just my luck.....

hobby31

Reaction score
Wow, I have both TV show stream and movie stream on my x2, my zoom, my wife's x, and my daughters x. I just ran lookout on my phone and it didn't find anything wrong. I wonder if it was just a copyright issue?

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Lookout Security found more malware that they are calling "DroidDream Light" or "DDL." There were 24 found.

Magic Photo Studio

• Sexy Girls: Hot Japanese
  • Sexy Legs
  • HOT Girls 4
  • Beauty Breasts
  • Sex Sound
  • Sex Sound: Japanese
  • HOT Girls 1
  • HOT Girls 2
  • HOT Girls 3
Mango Studio

• Floating Image Free
  • System Monitor
  • Super StopWatch and Timer
  • System Info Manager
E.T. Tean

• Call End Vibrate
BeeGoo

• Quick Photo Grid
  • Delete Contacts
  • Quick Uninstaller
  • Contact Master
  • Brightness Settings
  • Volume Manager
  • Super Photo Enhance
  • Super Color Flashlight
  • Paint Master
DroidPlus

• Quick Cleaner
  • Super App Manager
  • Quick SMS Backup
GluMobi

• Tetris
  • Bubble Buster Free
  • Quick History Eraser
  • Super Compass and Leveler
  • Go FallDown !
  • Solitaire Free
  • Scientific Calculator
  • TenDrip
I have Tetris on my phone, but don't know if it is from GluMobi or not. I can't find it on either the Android Market or Amazon Apps. I do have Lookout Security on my phone and it doesn't find any malware. The permissions for Tetris are Network Communication (full internet access - it has buttons for Twitter and FB) and systems tools (prevent phone from sleeping). There isn't anything hinky I can find with it. I think it is from another maker. *crosses fingers* The thing that worries me is this Tetris doesn't show up in my Android Market apps that I have or under my Amazon App Store, either.

I also have Watchdog Lite and it's not screaming about something using or hogging resources.

Reaction score
The Tetris I have is called "Go Tetris" and it no longer shows in my Market apps either. Since they have the other game called "Go Falldown" I wonder if its by the same dev. If it is malware it's a shame because I found it to be one of the better Tetris ports.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Of course the app I win is taken down lol .. It's all good tho, I'd rather wait and have a clean version than an infected one. Not sure what was accused of being malware inside the app, but I hope he can make a come back with it.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sex Sound: Japanese....Really? Why in the world would anyone download that?

I'd also have to laugh if anyone had all 4 versions of Hot Girls, errr I mean HOT Girls.

HamDog

Reaction score
Sex Sound: Japanese....Really? Why in the world would anyone download that?

Picture this: Bunch of guys sitting at the bar. One guy starts showing off their new Android phone. He shows off all the apps. Being guys at the bar, they search "sex"...maybe "Japanese sex"! Hey...look...a free app with sex sounds of Japanese girls....let's download and see what it's about!

So they hear some sex sounds and laugh. Time to get another app. They're all drunk (or will be by the end of the night). The installed app is forgotten about and never removed.

I bet this kind of scenario goes on more than you can imagine. I do go to bars and see Android and iPhone users going at it all the time and people showing off stupid stuff. Naked girls is always a big plus for the guys at the bar! Heck, isn't that the reason the Internet took off so fast? :)

So never underestimate the power of "Japanese Girls sex sound". dancedroid

hazex

Reaction score
TV Shows Stream has not been removed due to malware.

All video links apps have been removed (megaviewer movie streamer, watch movies now, movie stream and others) also many game emulators.

This is not related with malware, is realted with copyrighted contents or the just new release of google movies.

stinger161

Reaction score
I think part of the reason TV Shows was affected is because I won it for free! If I had won a drawing for a free Motorola Xoom, then they would have caught some terrorist chip implant in all Xoom's and they would all have to be destroyed! It's just my luck.....

I'm with ya Ham. The only other thing I won was the Polish lottery. I get a dollar a year for a million years.