Malware Now Ready To Attack Android

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

As the US Army picks up Android over iOS because of security and usability, Kaspersky reports that we might not be as safe as we think. As of March, Kaspersky says, the Android OS has over 70 types of malware currently waiting and stalking your devices. They say some malware can be found in some apps, and while Google isn’t doing the best job blocking them, they do try just a bit. They are saying they think this number will grow and Google needs to do a better job at processing applications, so we can have the same peace of mind that Apple users apparently have.

Anyone here experienced a malware so far? Want to share your thoughts.

Source: Android phones now face 70 types of malware, Kaspersky reports - GSMArena.com news

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Common Sense blocks 99% of all Malware IMO for most users.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I havent yet and I been using Android since last March. One my Windows PC, I remember getting some spyware within an hour of setting up a new PC years ago.

Back then I didnt think I needed internet security right after install. Now I dont get online until I have some of my essential software installed.

I has a Samsung regular cellphone years ago that got malware before. Android? Not yet. Maybe I need to change my desktop OS to Linux...lol

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
OH NO! Gasp !

Move along ... move along ...

Another AV maker saying we are all going to catch something and need their SW to protect ourselves.

+ Infinity black ....

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
OH NO! Gasp!

Move along ... move along ...

Another AV maker saying we are all going to catch something and need their SW to protect ourselves.

Kapersky better hustle to make their SW more robust if they are going to catch them all, considering the number of crap that gets by their PC versions. There's an idea!

Quit releasing scare tactic news items and get to recoding!

+ Infinity black ....

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the only people who are going to get viruses are people who like to install random crap on their phone without a care...

...Oh crap, thats a lot of people!!!!! :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
And the Army doesn't need to worry about any of this as I bet they won't be letting their users download apps or surfing the web. The defices will be on a closed and secure network for specific tasks, not playing Angry Birds.

Josefius

Reaction score
<quote from source article>
I wouldn't believe a single thing that comes out of Kaspersky. Their commercials/advertisements are basically terrorism to fear people into buying their product.
</quote>

This pretty much says it all. let me get out my tinfoil hat and guess that these companies also write viruses and malware behind the scenes. I could see Jobs writing Android malware under the pseudo name muchluv2u on the Android market.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the only people who are going to get viruses are people who like to install random crap on their phone without a care...

+1

Maybe it will weed out the idiots though

Sent from my Liberated D2G

Josefius

Reaction score

+1

My girlfriend has a PhD, yet she installs random crap on her phone. Just saying.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

+1

My girlfriend has a PhD, yet she installs random crap on her phone. Just saying.

Just because she has a PhD doesn't mean that she's smart with her phone. That would be like saying just because someone is good with Windows means they know everything about Linux.

Josefius

Reaction score
+1

Just because she has a PhD doesn't mean that she's smart with her phone. That would be like saying just because someone is good with Windows means they know everything about Linux.

I was more at issue with the blanket idiot statement, of course it's specific to the subject matter. Sorry, I'm in a pedantic mood today.