Breaking: Google Removes Ad Blocking Apps from Google Play Store; Rooted Users Frown

Jeyman

Reaction score
there is also the option of making your own file. Lots of people post the domains they block and what not so its just a copy/paste into your phone anyways.

Briankbl

Reaction score
I'm fine with this news. Besides, in all fairness, they DID violate that section of the agreement.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

Phreaker47

Reaction score
there is also the option of making your own file. Lots of people post the domains they block and what not so its just a copy/paste into your phone anyways.

Yeah, I've used AdFree forever, and all that does is download a list to add to the hosts file.

Simple, old trick that's still effective.

Sal R.

Reaction score
Don't see the big deal. While some apps have more obtrusive use of ads, developers SHOULD get a return on their investment developing useful apps to users and shouldn't have to be deterred from it.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Good for you, but myself a rooted/unlocked S3 owner that uses Adaway app, I am extremely disappointed, once you go add free you can never go back, LOL.

Then perhaps Google should charge you a subscription fee to remove the ads from your device.

srothkin

Reaction score
I'm ok with Google ads in free apps. But I was forced to install AdFree when I was unable to navigate a web site because an ad popped up that was bigger than the part shown on the screen and every time I tried to swipe around it it launched the ad target instead.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i installed ad blocker when ads were generating more bandwidth use then app itself.

52brandon

Reaction score
If you are a rooted user, you know how to side load apps. All this does is stop people from getting it from the Play Store. Plus, a lot of roms have ad blocked baked in so it doesn't matter. Also, if you already have the app on your device, you should be able to download it from the playstore in the future, you just can't search for them if I'm not mistaken.
pretty much word-for-word my thoughts

blacksoxing

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of this.

Some webpages over-do ads. To the point where you are glad the ads are blocked.

It's why I have ad block software on my browser right now. Most sites can't even keep control of their ad partners and let spyware just stroll on in!

Not a fan....