Post Questions Here...

ethan.mark.sanders

Reaction score
First post! (woot)

Alright here are some general questions I have about my rooted droid:
What's available to me once I install "[h=2]3GTurboCharger, V6 Supercharger And 98KickAssKernelTweaks By Zeppelinrox ?[/h]and what do each of them do exactly? I read the post and it didn't give me much info about what it does just how to install it.

How do I know which themes are compatible with my droid x 2?
Links for some helpful SetCPU profiles? (although I noticed there are no profiles that have the phone overclocked)
How would I go about flashing my phone back to the factory settings now that it is rooted?

I know that I would be able to find all of these questions out on my own but with my workload of school and still working my jobs I have limited time to research.
Really appreciate your answers!

-Ethan

GT_Cleric

Reaction score
With the one click root method can I do the ota to get gb and the use the the one click?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
First post! (woot)

Alright here are some general questions I have about my rooted droid:
What's available to me once I install "[h=2]3GTurboCharger, V6 Supercharger And 98KickAssKernelTweaks By Zeppelinrox ?[/h]and what do each of them do exactly? I read the post and it didn't give me much info about what it does just how to install it.

How do I know which themes are compatible with my droid x 2?
Links for some helpful SetCPU profiles? (although I noticed there are no profiles that have the phone overclocked)
How would I go about flashing my phone back to the factory settings now that it is rooted?

I know that I would be able to find all of these questions out on my own but with my workload of school and still working my jobs I have limited time to research.
Really appreciate your answers!

-Ethan

The 3 Scripts I Put Links Because Zep Has Put Some Extensive Thought Into A Summary. My Summary Is V6 Changes The OOM (Out Of Memory) Settings, In There It Has A Slot For Incorporating A Task Manager Setting. The Kernel I'm Kinda Vague On That, An Educated Guess Would Say The Kernel Now Handles Processes Better. 3GTurbo, Some People Have Claimed That It Has Doubled Down And Up Speeds Over 3G Including Myself.

Theme Wise It Will State Who It's For, Pretty Self Explanatory. SETCpu Is Very Controversial Some Say It Works Others Say It Doesn't. Problem Is The App Are Not Written For Dual Core Yet.

Going Back To Stock If You Haven't Deleted Anything Unroot And Factory Reset. If You've Deleted System Apps Then You Will Need To SBF.

GT_Cleric

Reaction score
Super awesome. Do u know if wireless tether will still work? I have heard mixed results.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

mrtrip

Reaction score
Not tryin to sound like aass but did that long time ago.. didnt work im not a complete noob... So anyway what i did is created another apn thats pretty much exact, changed apn name abit to old vzwinternet . Mmc to 310 even tho later it still gpes back to 311 but ...on restart it merged? Or just picked the right one and started to work again.... Yh

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Not tryin to sound like aass but did that long time ago.. didnt work im not a complete noob... So anyway what i did is created another apn thats pretty much exact, changed apn name abit to old vzwinternet . Mmc to 310 even tho later it still gpes back to 311 but ...on restart it merged? Or just picked the right one and started to work again.... Yh

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

You Asked How-To Reset I Gave An Answer. Why Would Ask If You Already Figured It Out? Rhetorical Question.

f3ryan

Reaction score
Hey sorry for the late response.. class is such a bore.
I don't have it so i'll be sure to get it.

I was wondering is there a way to copy and paste text on the X2?

Another question, how do you tether for free? Hehehe I gotta say I feel extremely blessed to have mike on this forum.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Hey sorry for the late response.. class is such a bore.
I don't have it so i'll be sure to get it.

I was wondering is there a way to copy and paste text on the X2?

Another question, how do you tether for free? Hehehe I gotta say I feel extremely blessed to have mike on this forum.

Yes You Can Copy And Paste If In A Text Field Long Press. If In The Browser Hit Menu And Go To The More Or Extras And It Will Give Something Like Select Text. Wired Tether Dir Wireless Tether By Google Code Are Great Free Apps.

f3ryan

Reaction score
You. Are. The. Man.

I've just installed waze in case I need a gps. Unfortunately this requires me to activate gps. Im not sure if I uninstalled something from your list or if I put a restriction on the setting. I probably uninstalled something. Doesn't matter bcuz have to sbf to get gb 2.3.3 on this badgirl tonight.

Real question is, what do you use for security/antivirus/antitheft?

Keep it real yo.

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
You. Are. The. Man.

I've just installed waze in case I need a gps. Unfortunately this requires me to activate gps. Im not sure if I uninstalled something from your list or if I put a restriction on the setting. I probably uninstalled something. Doesn't matter bcuz have to sbf to get gb 2.3.3 on this badgirl tonight.

Real question is, what do you use for security/antivirus/antitheft?

Keep it real yo.

I'm Running 'Lookout' For Antivirus.
I Have SeekDroid For Anti Theft, It Allows You To Get A GPS On The Phone, Lock The Phone, And Wipe The SD Card All From Your PC.

f3ryan

Reaction score
Lock phone - what does that mean? The pressing of the top button?

In addition, are you referring to sbfing with the lock and sd format?

And just to be clear, im locking and formatting the sd after I plug the phone to my comp right?

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Lock phone - what does that mean? The pressing of the top button?

In addition, are you referring to sbfing with the lock and sd format?

And just to be clear, im locking and formatting the sd after I plug the phone to my comp right?

Lock With A Pin Code.

SBF With RSDLite.