New to Droid Rooting, Question:

KillerKitties

Reaction score
Like the Titled states I'm new to rooting phones and I don't really know that much about it. I plan on doing some research before jumping in but if I can have some help clarifying some things that would be great.

As I understand it, rooting breaks the warranty on the phone, but is there a way to backup to phone in case something happens(drops/water) and you need the warranty?

Hopefully if I can do this correctly without also having to worry to much I will feel alright about rooting my brand new X2. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will continue to look around for my answers as well!

Thanks!

Deadpool

Reaction score
Like the Titled states I'm new to rooting phones and I don't really know that much about it. I plan on doing some research before jumping in but if I can have some help clarifying some things that would be great.

As I understand it, rooting breaks the warranty on the phone, but is there a way to backup to phone in case something happens(drops/water) and you need the warranty?

Hopefully if I can do this correctly without also having to worry to much I will feel alright about rooting my brand new X2. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will continue to look around for my answers as well!

Thanks!

I'm with you on this one. I'm almost at the end of my contract with my Motorola Droid, and like everyone that's ever been nervous about rooting their phone I figured… what the Hell… If it breaks I'll get another one. I've been watching videos on rooting the Motorola Droid all night and honestly… it's nutty. If anyone can tell me how to root a Motorola Droid with 2.2.2 FRG83G I'd appreciate the assist.

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Last edited:

vvildcard

Reaction score
Gingerbreak absolutely lets you un-root. The 'if' comes into play when you have something go wrong where you can't boot your phone long enough to perform the un-root.

The thing is, though, that if you're at that point, Motorola is probably not going to bother checking to see if you rooted it before they have a new phone on it's way to you... it's just not worth their time. Ultimately, Insurance is the way to go if you want full protection.

OP
K

KillerKitties

Reaction score
Gingerbreak absolutely lets you un-root. The 'if' comes into play when you have something go wrong where you can't boot your phone long enough to perform the un-root.

The thing is, though, that if you're at that point, Motorola is probably not going to bother checking to see if you rooted it before they have a new phone on it's way to you... it's just not worth their time. Ultimately, Insurance is the way to go if you want full protection.

Thanks, I was unclear if Gingerbreak allowed for rollback(unroot). I am still on the fence as to whether I want to root it or not. Since this is my 1st decent phone I am trying to decide.

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Last Summer I Found Out About Rooting And Rooted My Original Droid Right Away. I Looked At Unlocking The Phone To Achieve It's Full Potential And It Did Especially When I Had Froyo With Flash Support About I Forget, A Month Or Two Before Stock Users Did. I Must Say It Was The Best Experience Flashing ROMs And Themes To Really Appreciate The Developers. I Love The Posting How To Tweak The X2's Memory Values Making The Phone 100% Better Now That There Is No Redraw On The Home Screen And No Lag All From Initiating A Script Needing Root. There's Alot Of Power In Root Giving You Control Over Your Phone But It's Ultimately Your Decision To Make Not Mine. Of Course We're Here As A Community Of Droid Owners Willing To Help You Out Too If You Run Into Any Problems.