Droid X2 root question

Droid 51

Reaction score
I'm running 2.3.4 on my Droid X2 is there a way to root it and what are some suggestions. The only reason I am posting this is because someone starts off with a DX2 topic and somehow it gets turned into a DX1 topic and everybody gets confused so any help on the root for a DX2 would be great

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

RockmanSolo

Reaction score
Look in the Droid X2 hacks section. You should be able to get a root kit from the roms section. I found my root kit on the Cyanogenmod 7 beta page.

Modded devices: X Box, Nintendo Wii, PSP 2000, Droid X2 on CM7

RockmanSolo

Reaction score
I take that last post back. Heres a how-to for rooting the dx2. Sorry for the double post. Still figureing out how this tapatalk app works.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1315711

Modded devices: X Box, Nintendo Wii, PSP 2000, Droid X2 on CM7

Last edited:
OP
Droid 51

Droid 51

Reaction score
I used Pete's 2.3.4 to root my phone it took about 2 minutes and it was done no problems

OP
Droid 51

Droid 51

Reaction score
Have u ever herd of losing root after flashing a rom I think I did I went from liberty to miui and my superuser is gone I used the root checker app and it said I didn't have root but I am running muiu with no problems except my apps that need superuser permission and I have done a factory reset twice and cleared cache

RockmanSolo

Reaction score
I'm still kind of new to Android so this is sort of an educated guess. When you flash a rom you're essentially wiping all the data that belonged to the previous installation. So if the rom you flash isn't pre rooted then you'll have to reroot. For example, when you sbf you lose root because it didn't come pre installed. My question is why someone would make a custom rom without root...

OP
Droid 51

Droid 51

Reaction score
I understand what u are saying but I lost root some how and after I thought about it I think it happened when I did a su update fix but every app I used said I didn't have root and even asked if I knew what root was and where I could look to find out but I just did an sbf and all is good I also looked it up and there are other cases where this has happened before I guess it is just a fluke or a combination of different things I have had apps cause my phone to go crazy until I found it and removed it because wiping data and cache didn't work on the app or phone but thanks for the help

RockmanSolo

Reaction score
Yeah I'm actually not sure like I said it was a shot in the dark. I know on my version of CM7 on the dx2 it has issues with SU 3.0.7 which caused something similar. Sorry I couldn't help ya out better man.

rttwlr7

Reaction score
will zerg root work with 2.3.5? i had my X2 replaced and it has the latest update installed. tried pete's root tools to no avail.

Minahan1

Reaction score
I used MotorolaOneClickRoot.exe. Works perfect for me.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
not the official 1.3.418, you didn't